Arsenal youngster Bukayo Saka who is on national duty at the Euros has hinted that he could play as a forward as per The Independent.
The 19-year-old is capable of playing in multiple positions and has displayed that for the north Londoners. He was used as a winger and sometimes as a full-back as well.
Included in England’s squad by Gareth Southgate, the player was asked about his position. Saka told The Independent:
“I don’t know. Anything can happen in football as we’ve seen in my career so far but I’m here as a forward I would say and that’s where I’m training.”
The youngster also spoke about his intentions for the tournament, as he added:
“It probably is important [to nail down a position] but for now I can only focus on the tournament ahead of me and however they need me to win the tournament, that’s what I have to do.”
The forward also made a special mention of Freddie Ljungberg and the impact the Swede has had on his career. He further stated”
“It is not just the football side, he is a man who helps me with my personal life as well. He is such a top guy and I really appreciate that message from him.”
Given the wealth of options the Three Lions have in attack, it will be difficult for Saka to start many games. He will probably be used from the bench where his pace and ball control will come in handy. The versatile nature of the youngster makes him an ideal squad player for Southgate. It allows the manager to implement different formations as he has a player who can serve him across the pitch.
England kick-off their tournament against Croatia on Sunday and it will be interesting to see the formation they play. The number of attackers in their setup could determine whether the youngster gets a chance or not. The Euros is an opportunity for Saka to showcase his skills to a wider audience. After a stellar season for Arsenal, he has a chance to shine for his country.
- Arsenal vs Norwich City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s chances of winning a cup trophy this season
- Arsenal’s September 2021 Fixtures preview
- Manchester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview
- Arsenal shouldn’t think twice about moving deadwood
- Lacklustre debut reaffirms need for creativity
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight
- Arsenal 4-1 Watford: Match report and Player Ratings
- Arsenal interested in signing Inter Milan striker
- Former Arsenal player urges club to sign Manchester United target