It is being reported in the Mirror among many other media sources that Arsenal are set to unveil Chilean midfielder Arturo Vidal in a month after reportedly agreeing a deal to bring him to the Emirates for a fee of around £25 million.
Juventus’ box to box midfield man would be a serious signal of intent from Arsenal, Manager Arsene Wenger speaking after the final Premier League game of the season said “we want more, we want to challenge for the title”. It is an encouraging sign and it looks like Wenger is ready to follow up the signings of Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez with another big name.
Well respected South American journalist Hernan Feler took to social media to confirm a deal is “fully closed”
Feler tweeted: “After the Copa America of Chile, the arrival of Arturo Vidal in the Arsenal will be made official. It is fully closed. He will be companion of Alexis.”
Vidal has played a major part in Juventus’ success this season, the Turin club have already won the League and cup double and will be looking to cause an upset in the Champions League final against Barcelona and scoop an impressive treble.
The Chile midfielder is now 28 years of age ,has made 28 league appearances this seasons scoring seven times and assisting four times. Juventus are believed to be interested in signing Paulo Dybala and Edinson Cavani which would mean the departure of a big name, this name now looks to be Vidal to Arsenal.
- Granit Xhaka: Unexpected answer to Arsenal’s left-back crisis
- Arsenal vs Fulham preview: buoyant Gunners plot march up the league table
- Lucas Torreira is desperate to join Boca Juniors
- Eddie Nketiah and Reiss Nelson: The Forgotten Arsenal Youngsters
- ‘It is a joy to watch’, Mikel Arteta praises Arsenal duo
- Arsenal’s hope of playing European football next season hangs by a thread
- Europa League preview: Slavia Prague vs Arsenal
- Leno: ‘I am open for new adventures’
- Arsenal enter race to sign Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard
- Can Arsenal finish in the top 6?