Arsene Wenger extended his current management deal in the summer for an extra 3 years on the back of a vital FA Cup win for the Gunners.
Even though the French manager will most likely remain at the club until 2017 it’s clear that this will quite possibly be the last three years of his reign at Arsenal.
Ivan Gazidis admitted this week that the club are already assessing the future ahead and the selection of the next Arsenal manager who will replace Wenger when he leaves.
Speaking to ESPN he told them:
“The biggest challenge we’re going to face as a club is that, when the transition from Arsene to the next manager happens – and I don’t know what that’s going to be – we come through that strongly,” Gazidis said.
“So much of the attention on a football club is around an individual, and that’s very understandable at Arsenal because we have a giant managing us.
“Arsene has been a fantastic driver and has put the club in a great, great position.”
Gazidis also speaks of his ambition to propel Arsenal to be amongst the elite clubs in the world and feels they are “off the shoulder” to achieving that.
“We want this football club to be at the top of the world’s game,” he said. “If the manager believes in someone like Mesut Ozil, he can buy him. It’s the same with Alexis Sanchez.
“Underneath that tip of the iceberg, those star signings, there’s an awful lot else going on. Our youth development, for example, is going to be the foundation of this football club going forward.
“We are off the shoulder of the world’s top teams, but that’s where we’re aiming to get to. We want Arsenal to be in that elite group of football clubs around the world.”
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes
- Preview: Arsenal vs Fulham – prediction, team news, line-ups