Brazilian defender Gabriel Magalhaes has explained that joining Arsenal was a dream for him and he did not think twice when the Gunners approached him about a move to London.
The 22-year-old defender signed for Arsenal for a fee of £25 million in the summer and he has been quite impressive for the London club.
Gabriel has also managed to win the club’s player of the month award for September and November for his assured performances at the back.
The defender explained that he has been watching Arsenal for years and it is a massive club with history. Gabriel also explained how special it is for him to play for a club of this stature and the move has helped him realise a childhood dream.
He said: “I was trying not to hear too much about transfer speculation because you always end up thinking about everything that’s going on.
“After Arsenal came into the equation, he told me about other clubs that were interested, but I chose Arsenal because it was a dream for me. It’s a club that I really like and always watched on TV, with fantastic history.
“Arsenal is a huge club, one of the biggest in the world, and I told my agent from the start that if Arsenal came in for me, I wanted to wear the shirt, play at the stadium and feel the fans’ support because it’s a club I’ve always watched.
“I’m now very pleased to be here today alongside top players. It’s a childhood dream of mine.”
The Brazilian is still quite young for a defender and he will continue to improve with coaching and experience. He has all the tools to develop into a world-class defender in future and the fans will certainly be excited to see him develop over the next few years.
- North London Derby performance a cause for celebration
- Arsenal vs Tottenham: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Provisional Line-ups
- How And Where To Bet On Arsenal
- Arsenal vs Norwich City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s chances of winning a cup trophy this season
- Arsenal’s September 2021 Fixtures preview
- Manchester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview
- Arsenal shouldn’t think twice about moving deadwood
- Lacklustre debut reaffirms need for creativity
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight