Former Arsenal defender Nigel Winterburn has urged the North London side to sign Aston Villa star Jack Grealish.
Winterburn played for Arsenal between 1987 and 2000, winning an astonishing 11 trophies on the way.
He was part of the famous back-four at Arsenal, which included the likes of club legends Steve Bould, Tony Adams, and Lee Dixon.
Grealish, who joined Villa’s academy set-up as a six-year-old, has constantly been linked to the big names in England.
Manchester United were believed to be the most interested in the Englishman last summer, however, no deal was struck between the two clubs.
As a result, Grealish penned fresh terms at Villa Park, which will keep him at his boyhood club till the summer of 2025.
If Arsenal want to move forward, they should be looking at Grealish: Winterburn
Speaking in an interview with GentingBet, Winterburn said: “I’d like to see Arsenal go ‘all in’ and sign Jack Grealish. He is a terrific player.
“His ability speaks for itself. And he’s the type of player that if we want to move forward then we should be looking to buy.
“He tends to prefer to play on the left-hand side. So we’d need to see how that works with Arsenal’s current setup.
But I’m sure he could play in that number 10 role as well.”
He continued, “Lots is up in the air with Arsenal. They’re not sure if [Martin] Odegaard will sign in the long term and that needs to be addressed beforehand.
“One thing is for sure. If Grealish does become available then a whole host of clubs will be in for him.”
The 25-year-old has started what he left last season with seven goals and 12 assists in 22 appearances for the Claret and Blue this season.
If by any chance, Grealish does become available in the summer, it can all become a bit chaotic as the Englishman is one of the hottest properties in the English Premier League.
Read on: Aston Villa urged to sign Sander Berge.
Article by Yash Bisht.
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes
- Preview: Arsenal vs Fulham – prediction, team news, line-ups