Arsenal Action can confirm that Spurs have beaten Arsenal in the race to sign Turkish winger Arda Turan.
The player who has been linked with a summer move to Arsenal, will sign for Spurs after he returns from the USA with Turkey for £12m and on a 5 year contract.
Spurs moved fast in the race for the winger, and have beaten off Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool in the race to sign the talented winger.
But Galatasaray Chairman “Adnan Polat” confirmed that a secret contract with Spurs had already been agreed and the player will sign for spurs in less then 12 days time.
Its seems that Arsenal waited far too long to get a deal on the table before spurs came in with a solid offer.
This is not the first time spurs have beaten Arsenal in a transfer race, Spurs also signed Luka Modric from under the nose of Arsenal. Wenger had said that Modric was too lightweight for the premiership.
Its would seem that Arsenal take an eternity to sign a player, We saw this with the Nasri and Arshavin deal that dragged on for weeks. Arsenal always seem to want to get the player on the cheap and always risk the chance of losing them. As the Arda deal proves.
For more news and views, Join our forum and debate this and more ( HERE )
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight
- Arsenal 4-1 Watford: Match report and Player Ratings
- Arsenal interested in signing Inter Milan striker
- Former Arsenal player urges club to sign Manchester United target
- Atletico Madrid interested in signing Alexandre Lacazette
- Arsenal’s midfield dilemma: What can be done?
- Arsenal transfer round-up: Ramsdale, White
- The striker dilemma at Arsenal
- Arsenal beat Milwall behind closed doors: Match report and Player Ratings
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison