Arsenal Action can confirm that Spurs have beaten Arsenal in the race to sign Turkish winger Arda Turan.
The player who has been linked with a summer move to Arsenal, will sign for Spurs after he returns from the USA with Turkey for £12m and on a 5 year contract.
Spurs moved fast in the race for the winger, and have beaten off Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool in the race to sign the talented winger.
But Galatasaray Chairman “Adnan Polat” confirmed that a secret contract with Spurs had already been agreed and the player will sign for spurs in less then 12 days time.
Its seems that Arsenal waited far too long to get a deal on the table before spurs came in with a solid offer.
This is not the first time spurs have beaten Arsenal in a transfer race, Spurs also signed Luka Modric from under the nose of Arsenal. Wenger had said that Modric was too lightweight for the premiership.
Its would seem that Arsenal take an eternity to sign a player, We saw this with the Nasri and Arshavin deal that dragged on for weeks. Arsenal always seem to want to get the player on the cheap and always risk the chance of losing them. As the Arda deal proves.
For more news and views, Join our forum and debate this and more ( HERE )
- Can Arsenal qualify for next season’s Champions League after Tottenham fiasco?
- Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Southampton vs Arsenal Preview & Arsenal Transfer News Updates
- Arsenal April 2022 Preview: Chelsea and Man Utd stand in way of top-four finish
- Saka’s goalscoring record, Arsenal’s improved away form and Leno’s form
- Aston Villa vs Arsenal: Preview, Team News, Line-ups and Prediction￼
- Arsenal’s March 2022 Schedule & Predictions
- Lionel Messi heaps praise on Arsenal-linked Lautaro Martinez
- Arsenal Told to Let Alexandre Lacazette’s Contract Run Out
- Arsenal vs Burnley: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups