Borussia Dortmund could be ready to hijack Arsenal target Julian Draxler away from Schalke this summer.
Draxler would be an ideal replacement for the outgoing Mario Gotze who has been sold to Bayern Munich for £32m.
Arsenal have sent scouts to watch the 19-year-old this season and Arsene Wenger is a big fan of Draxler.
But now Dortmund have joined the race and will have no problem shelling out £15m to meet Schalke’s reported asking price.
- Arsenal 4-1 Watford: Match report and Player Ratings
- Atletico Madrid interested in signing Alexandre Lacazette
- Arsenal’s midfield dilemma: What can be done?
- Arsenal transfer round-up: Ramsdale, White
- The striker dilemma at Arsenal
- Arsenal beat Milwall behind closed doors: Match report and Player Ratings
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison
- Arsenal agree contract extension with Emile Smith Rowe
- Tammy Abraham to Arsenal: Do the Gunners need him?
- Arsenal cancel pre-season trip to US