Borussia Dortmund could be ready to hijack Arsenal target Julian Draxler away from Schalke this summer.
Draxler would be an ideal replacement for the outgoing Mario Gotze who has been sold to Bayern Munich for £32m.
Arsenal have sent scouts to watch the 19-year-old this season and Arsene Wenger is a big fan of Draxler.
But now Dortmund have joined the race and will have no problem shelling out £15m to meet Schalke’s reported asking price.
- Mikel Arteta impressed with on-loan Arsenal youngster
- Mikel Arteta speaks out on team selection and Eddie Nketiah after Fulham draw
- Mikel Arteta offers injury update on Alexandre Lacazette
- Mikel Arteta vs Unai Emery – A comparison
- Ian Wright identifies perfect partner for Thomas Partey at Arsenal
- Granit Xhaka: Unexpected answer to Arsenal’s left-back crisis
- Arsenal vs Fulham preview: buoyant Gunners plot march up the league table
- Lucas Torreira is desperate to join Boca Juniors
- Eddie Nketiah and Reiss Nelson: The Forgotten Arsenal Youngsters
- ‘It is a joy to watch’, Mikel Arteta praises Arsenal duo