Mathieu Debuchy has officially been sidelined for an extra three months due to the injury he picked up in the 2-2 draw against Manchester City last weekend at the Emirates, Debuchy has undergone an operation on his ankle after damaging his ligaments and will be a massive blow for Arsenal who have a shallow squad as it is. This will see Calum Chambers slot into Debuchy’s role on a permanent basis which stretches Arsenal’s defensive options even more.
this will become a big blow for Wenger who admitted just as much, The Arsenal boss admitted that the operation went well however this leaves Arsenal very light in options defensively. Arsenal will be relying on members of their under 21’s if there are any further injuries to there defensive players, 19 year old Spaniard Hector Bellerin was called upon for the poor showing and 2-0 defeat at the hands of Borussia Dortmund last Tuesday and is the only recognised Right back behind Calum Chambers.
This will concern the Arsenal faithful a lot more and will pose the question why more defensive players were not signed in the transfer window, Wenger may now be forced into panic signing a couple of free transfers to bolster the squad if injuries worsen for the North London club.
Arsenal have already been linked with free agents Diego Lugano and Joseph Yobo, both have Premier League experience but lack the calibre that would be required. It is more likely that the likes of Bellerin and Isaac Hayden could find themselves with more opportunities as we approach the January transfer window.
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight
- Arsenal 4-1 Watford: Match report and Player Ratings
- Arsenal interested in signing Inter Milan striker
- Former Arsenal player urges club to sign Manchester United target
- Atletico Madrid interested in signing Alexandre Lacazette
- Arsenal’s midfield dilemma: What can be done?
- Arsenal transfer round-up: Ramsdale, White
- The striker dilemma at Arsenal
- Arsenal beat Milwall behind closed doors: Match report and Player Ratings
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison