Arsenal are thought to be plotting a move for Holland midfielder Ibrahim Afellay.
Afellay has a close friendship with Robin van Persie and signing Afellay could convince the want away striker to stay.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has been a long-time admirer of the 26-year-old and tried to bring him to the Emirates Stadium back in 2010, before he opted to join the Catalan giants instead.
However, Afellay’s agent Rob Jansen is now claiming that his client is surplus to requirements at the Nou Camp.
Inter Milan are also rumoured to be interested in Afellay who is on the market for around £5m.
Van Persie will meet with manager Arsene Wenger this week to speak about his future.
- Alexandre Lacazette Situation – To sell or not?
- ‘He is absolutely elite’ – Arsenal fans excited by Sambi Lokonga transfer links
- Arsenal defender is a major doubt for Scotland’s crucial clash against England
- Arsenal’s opening bid for Belgian midfielder rejected
- Is Arsenal still the best club for young players?
- The Approach That Arsenal Will Have in The Summer Transfer Period
- Arsenal’s transfer bid for Nabil Fekir rejected by Real Betis
- Marcel Sabitzer – The Bargain That Arsenal Need To Focus On
- Vinai Venkatesham at loggerheads with Arsenal over European Super League involvement
- How Kieran Tierney will influence Scotland at the Euros