Arsenal are thought to be plotting a move for Holland midfielder Ibrahim Afellay.
Afellay has a close friendship with Robin van Persie and signing Afellay could convince the want away striker to stay.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has been a long-time admirer of the 26-year-old and tried to bring him to the Emirates Stadium back in 2010, before he opted to join the Catalan giants instead.
However, Afellay’s agent Rob Jansen is now claiming that his client is surplus to requirements at the Nou Camp.
Inter Milan are also rumoured to be interested in Afellay who is on the market for around £5m.
Van Persie will meet with manager Arsene Wenger this week to speak about his future.
- Can Arsenal qualify for next season’s Champions League after Tottenham fiasco?
- Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Southampton vs Arsenal Preview & Arsenal Transfer News Updates
- Arsenal April 2022 Preview: Chelsea and Man Utd stand in way of top-four finish
- Saka’s goalscoring record, Arsenal’s improved away form and Leno’s form
- Aston Villa vs Arsenal: Preview, Team News, Line-ups and Prediction￼
- Arsenal’s March 2022 Schedule & Predictions
- Lionel Messi heaps praise on Arsenal-linked Lautaro Martinez
- Arsenal Told to Let Alexandre Lacazette’s Contract Run Out
- Arsenal vs Burnley: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups