This weekend sees undoubtedly the most anticipated clash of this Premier League season thus far, Arsenal travel to Stamford Bridge with the hosts already seemingly pulling away from the rest of the pack. Both Arsenal and Chelsea go into this game with unbeaten records remaining intact, the only two left. Chelsea have been in irresistible form all season and with the partnership of former fan favourite Cesc Fabregas and Brazilian/Spanish hitman Diego Costa still in a rich vein of form this will be a massive test for Wenger’s side to get the much needed 3 points.
Jose Mourinho’s side have taken off like a freight train this season and sit top of the table with many tipping them to run away with things this season, they have signed very well with the additions of Fabregas and Costa adding to the likes of Oscar and Hazard. Chelsea are now looking much more like a Mourinho side unlike the one that we saw drop so many points uncharacteristically last season . Jose Mourinho has never lost a competitive game to Arsene Wenger in 11 matches winning 6 of those, scoring 19 goals and only conceding 6. It is an impressive record and an obstacle that Wenger would need to overcome if they are to catch Chelsea.
Likely Line Up
(Possible, 4-2-3-1): Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Fabregas, Matic; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Costa.
Injured Drogba (ankle), Ramires (groin).
Arsene Wenger takes his side on the road again after an impressive home victory on Wednesday in the Champions League running out 4-1 winners against Galatasaray. Wenger will be looking to avoid a repeat of last seasons calamitous display which saw Chelsea rip through Arsenal defence and run out easy 6-0 winners. Arsenal seem to have matured defensively since last season and look a lot more secure. This is a 6 pointer already for Arsenal who trail Chelsea by that exact margin. If the Gunners have any designs on this seasons Premier League title this is a must win game.
Likely Line Up
(Possible, 4-2-3-1): Szczesny; Chambers, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs; Wilshere, Flamini; Sánchez, Özil, Cazorla; Welbeck.
Injured : Arteta (calf), Debuchy (ankle), Giroud (foot), Gnabry, Walcott (both knee), Ramsey (hamstring), Sanogo (hamstring).
Late Fitness Test: Monreal (back).
- Alexandre Lacazette Situation – To sell or not?
- ‘He is absolutely elite’ – Arsenal fans excited by Sambi Lokonga transfer links
- Arsenal defender is a major doubt for Scotland’s crucial clash against England
- Arsenal’s opening bid for Belgian midfielder rejected
- Is Arsenal still the best club for young players?
- The Approach That Arsenal Will Have in The Summer Transfer Period
- Arsenal’s transfer bid for Nabil Fekir rejected by Real Betis
- Marcel Sabitzer – The Bargain That Arsenal Need To Focus On
- Vinai Venkatesham at loggerheads with Arsenal over European Super League involvement
- How Kieran Tierney will influence Scotland at the Euros