It is being reported in numerous media outlets including the Telegraph that Jose Mourinho is demanding that Arsenal include Theo Walcott or Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain in any deal for Chelsea’s out of favour keeper Petr Cech
It has been reported that Petr Cech is more than open to the possibility of making the switch from Stamford Bridge to the Emirates as Arsene Wenger looks to improve this squad for next season, Cech has found chances at a premium this season and has had to settle for his second choice position for Mourinho’s side behind Thibaut Courtois.
According to The Sun, the 33-year-old shot-stopper is keen on a switch to the Emirates. However, a ‘source’ has told the paper: “Arsene Wenger wants a top keeper from us. Well, in exchange we want Walcott or Oxlade-Chamberlain.
“They may not be in the Arsenal team but we are convinced Jose Mourinho could make them into top players again”
Arsenal would be crazy to take the bait and succumb to this arrogant offer. Arsene Wenger has recently mentioned the importance of having an English contingent around the first team squad, including either Theo Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain as part of any deal would be sheer idiocy.
Cech although still one of the best around is 33 years of age and is entering his final year at Stamford Bridge, in comparison Theo Walcott is also due to enter into his final year but he is still a valuable member of the Arsenal squad and to include him as a makeweight for the Czech Republic shot stopper would only improve the Chelsea squad who are already streets ahead of the red & white side of North London.
Many expect Walcott to be given an opportunity to prove his match fitness from the start against West Brom at the Emirates on Sunday as he looks to put himself in the frame for the FA Cup final on 30th May, while Oxlade-Chamberlain is currently injured but is a firm fan favourite and has a massive future at the club.
- Granit Xhaka: Unexpected answer to Arsenal’s left-back crisis
- Arsenal vs Fulham preview: buoyant Gunners plot march up the league table
- Lucas Torreira is desperate to join Boca Juniors
- Eddie Nketiah and Reiss Nelson: The Forgotten Arsenal Youngsters
- ‘It is a joy to watch’, Mikel Arteta praises Arsenal duo
- Arsenal’s hope of playing European football next season hangs by a thread
- Europa League preview: Slavia Prague vs Arsenal
- Leno: ‘I am open for new adventures’
- Arsenal enter race to sign Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard
- Can Arsenal finish in the top 6?