Former midfielder Cesc Fabregas has lent his support to the under-pressure Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta.
The Spaniard believes that Arteta is under immense pressure at Arsenal and he needs more time to implement his ideas and get the team firing on all cylinders.
The former Arsenal midfielder explained that modern managers are under pressure to deliver instant results and that is unfair.
“Listen, it’s a transition period,” Fabregas told 90min as he prepares himself to be a judge at Red Bull’s Street Style World Final. “Mikel has his ideas, but it takes time. The problem for a coach nowadays is that you have no time. You lose three games, everyone is asking for your head.
“I know it’s very, very difficult because you want to implement your ideas, and it’s a process. Sometimes, it’s difficult because football is moving very quickly, everyone wants to win, there’s pressure from the board, from the fans, from the players. You’re on the spot every single day.
“He’s trying to find his team. They have [Dani] Ceballos, they have [Granit] Xhaka, now they’ve added Thomas Partey from Atletico, who’s a very good player as well. They have Willian, they have [Pierre-Emerick] Aubameyang – top, top players, that’s 100% sure. Maybe they still need a little bit more time.”
That said, Arteta has done exceedingly well on that front and he has already managed to deliver two trophies since his appointment.
There is no doubt that Arsenal have improved a lot since his arrival and it will be interesting to see if they can improve further and challenge for the Premier League title in the coming years.
Arteta has improved Arsenal defensively and they have done exceedingly well against the top teams. Previously the Gunners struggled against the top six but now they have beaten the likes of Manchester City, Liverpool and Manchester United multiple times.
Arsenal will be expected to qualify for the Champions League this year and it remains to be seen if Arteta can deliver.
- Arsenal players expected to feature in the 2022 World Cup
- Arsenal’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Arsenal Transfer News – Pursuit of Man City’s Gabriel Jesus dealt major blow
- Can Arsenal qualify for next season’s Champions League after Tottenham fiasco?
- Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Southampton vs Arsenal Preview & Arsenal Transfer News Updates
- Arsenal April 2022 Preview: Chelsea and Man Utd stand in way of top-four finish
- Saka’s goalscoring record, Arsenal’s improved away form and Leno’s form
- Aston Villa vs Arsenal: Preview, Team News, Line-ups and Prediction￼
- Arsenal’s March 2022 Schedule & Predictions