The World cup is a few days away and the transfer rumours have been in full flow, just as one expects them to be after the end of domestic seasons. There have been many reports suggesting that Arsenal are closing in on different players this summer. One such report involves former Arsenal youngster Carlos Vela. The player himself has come out and has spoken about the clauses in his contract.
These clauses were already known, but their existence is very much confirmed now. The Mexican admitted that if Arsenal activate the 4mil euro buy back clause which is that if they buy him back for a mere 4ml euros, he won’t be able to say no to this big a step in his career. He also states that concentration would be on making it a win win situation for Arsenal, Real Sociedad and himself.
Earlier this week, Vela was quoted by El Diario Vasco :-
“We will try and reach an agreement in which we all win, la Real, Arsenal and me,” Vela said. “We must see what can be done. We will decide what will be my future, it is all about finding the best way to be happy.”
His development at Arsenal was mainly down to not getting enough minutes on the pitch in a red shirt. After a period of time, he didn’t have any other option but to try different things. The matured Mexican is now assured that if Arsenal come back to sign him, he’s much better prepared for this chance than he was as a youngster.
“I did not have as many chances as I wanted and I had to try something new,” he said. “If I have to return to London I will do things in a different way. What happened in the past will not be repeated.”
This season, Vela scored a total of 16 goals for Real Sociedad, which is joint record with team mate Antoine Greizmann. He’s jumped a level in the last few years as far as his development is concerned. From being a promising youngster he’s gone on to become a quality forward who can play anywhere across the front three.
Arsenal can either buy him back and deploy him in the squad which will go some way in solving their winger problem, or they can buy him back and sell him for his actual price in the same window itself, to make a profit. Recently, Basque newspaper Voz Populi reported that Arsenal have chosen to active the buy-back option this summer and Vela will return to the club he joined when he was just a teenager. The option of Vela coming back to Arsenal and playing in a red and white seems more likelier at this stage.
Thank you for reading
- Alexandre Lacazette Situation – To sell or not?
- ‘He is absolutely elite’ – Arsenal fans excited by Sambi Lokonga transfer links
- Arsenal defender is a major doubt for Scotland’s crucial clash against England
- Arsenal’s opening bid for Belgian midfielder rejected
- Is Arsenal still the best club for young players?
- The Approach That Arsenal Will Have in The Summer Transfer Period
- Arsenal’s transfer bid for Nabil Fekir rejected by Real Betis
- Marcel Sabitzer – The Bargain That Arsenal Need To Focus On
- Vinai Venkatesham at loggerheads with Arsenal over European Super League involvement
- How Kieran Tierney will influence Scotland at the Euros