Last season’s Champions League finalists Paris Saint-Germain are said to be interested in acquiring the services of Hector Bellerin.
The Spain international has not been at his best since he made a return to football after a serious ACL injury against Chelsea in January 2019. Gone are the days when the 25-year-old used to create havoc at the opposition’s left side with his lung-bursting drives back and forth. Bellerin’s pace and athleticism are a thing of the past, not the present.
Having been in North London since 2011, the Barcelona academy graduate was keen to test the waters elsewhere last summer. PSG were genuinely interested, but their loan offer with an option to buy the player for £25 million was rejected by the North London outfit.
Arsenal are said to be interested in Brighton’s Tariq Lamptey
Arsenal may be tempted to listen to offers for Bellerin, with a view of bringing in a more pacey player with great potential. They have been linked with Norwich City’s Max Aarons and Brighton’s Tariq Lamptey.
Even though the Barcelona-born defender’s form improved gradually this season, he has barely made a genuine impact for Mikel Arteta’s team.
With two years left on his contract in the summer, Arsenal must make bold decisions. If they have the ambition to be back among Europe’s “big boys.”
Article by Yash Bisht.
- European Super League – For greed or development?
- Mikel Arteta impressed with on-loan Arsenal youngster
- Mikel Arteta speaks out on team selection and Eddie Nketiah after Fulham draw
- Mikel Arteta offers injury update on Alexandre Lacazette
- Mikel Arteta vs Unai Emery – A comparison
- Ian Wright identifies perfect partner for Thomas Partey at Arsenal
- Granit Xhaka: Unexpected answer to Arsenal’s left-back crisis
- Arsenal vs Fulham preview: buoyant Gunners plot march up the league table
- Lucas Torreira is desperate to join Boca Juniors
- Eddie Nketiah and Reiss Nelson: The Forgotten Arsenal Youngsters