ARSENE WENGER’S long chase for Kolo Toure’s brother Yaya is set to reach a happy conclusion for Arsenal.
Barcelona’s defensive midfield ace, 25, is heading for The Emirates in the summer. The fee for the Ivory Coast player is thought to have been agreed at around £12million.
His arrival will solve a long-standing problem for Gunners boss Wenger as well as bringing great delight to the two brothers.
Yaya, who had a trial with Arsenal at the start of the 2005 season, has admitted in the past: “It would be great to play in the Premier League and to team up with my brother would be just fantastic.”
- Granit Xhaka: Unexpected answer to Arsenal’s left-back crisis
- Arsenal vs Fulham preview: buoyant Gunners plot march up the league table
- Lucas Torreira is desperate to join Boca Juniors
- Eddie Nketiah and Reiss Nelson: The Forgotten Arsenal Youngsters
- ‘It is a joy to watch’, Mikel Arteta praises Arsenal duo
- Arsenal’s hope of playing European football next season hangs by a thread
- Europa League preview: Slavia Prague vs Arsenal
- Leno: ‘I am open for new adventures’
- Arsenal enter race to sign Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard
- Can Arsenal finish in the top 6?