ARSENE WENGER’S long chase for Kolo Toure’s brother Yaya is set to reach a happy conclusion for Arsenal.
Barcelona’s defensive midfield ace, 25, is heading for The Emirates in the summer. The fee for the Ivory Coast player is thought to have been agreed at around £12million.
His arrival will solve a long-standing problem for Gunners boss Wenger as well as bringing great delight to the two brothers.
Yaya, who had a trial with Arsenal at the start of the 2005 season, has admitted in the past: “It would be great to play in the Premier League and to team up with my brother would be just fantastic.”
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison
- Arsenal agree contract extension with Emile Smith Rowe
- Tammy Abraham to Arsenal: Do the Gunners need him?
- Arsenal cancel pre-season trip to US
- Lesson from pre-season: What did Arsenal learn?
- Mikel Arteta reacts to draw against Rangers
- An overview on Arsenal’s Scotland preseason tour- player ratings for both games
- Three Premier League clubs interested in Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal predicted line-up against Rangers
- Tavares, Chambers, Tierney – Arsenal Team News against Rangers