Arsenal are keen to trim the number of first-team players in the squad, and one player who they will try to move on is Reiss Nelson.
The England youth international has barely featured for the Gunners this term. One of the reasons why he has seen so little first-team action is due to the number of players stocked in his position.
The 21-year-old made his first-team debut back in 2017 and has four assists and goals to his name. He had a stellar campaign in 2018/19, when he made the switch to German club Hoffenheim and went on registering eight goal contributions in 29 appearances.
He has hardly replicated that form at the Emirates and is now considered surplus to requirements. Arsenal also need to raise funds for their quest to strengthen the slots at right-back, cover-up left-back, right-sided center-back, a winger, and possibly a central striker too.
Mikel Arteta had earlier revealed that Nelson had turned down a chance to leave Emirates on loan and instead opted to stay at the club to fight for his place.
“We ended up with a large squad at the end of the transfer market. We had a few plans in mind with Reiss. One of them was as well to send him on loan to get more minutes because of the competition we have upfront. The reality is he has been really good in training. He wants to stay here. He wants to fight for his place,” the Spaniard had said.
This is a player who can have a great future. But just not at the Emirates Stadium.
Article by Yash Bisht.
- Arsenal’s top-four chances this season
- Liverpool vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Leicester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- North London Derby performance a cause for celebration
- Arsenal vs Tottenham: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Provisional Line-ups
- How And Where To Bet On Arsenal
- Arsenal vs Norwich City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s chances of winning a cup trophy this season
- Arsenal’s September 2021 Fixtures preview
- Manchester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview