Arsenal will be looking to get back to winning ways when they welcome Brentford to the Emirates Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
The Gunners were stunned by Everton in their previous league outing, with the Toffees frustrating their attackers before netting the winner through James Tarkowski to seal a memorable 1-0 win.
That was a big blow for Mikel Arteta’s side who are aiming to win the Premier League title this season.
But fortunately Manchester City also slipped-up at Tottenham Hotspur, with the Gunners still maintaining their five-point lead at the top.
The North Londoners will now come up against Brentford who thrashed relegation threatened Southampton 3-0 last time out at the Gtech Community Stadium.
Ben Mee scored the opener before Bryan Mbeumo doubled their advantage on the stroke of half-time. Mathias Jensen added a late third goal as the home side registered a comfortable victory.
The Bees have climbed to seventh in the standings following their eighth win of the season, having 33 points from 21 matches.
Mikel Arteta’s side boast an excellent home record this season, having won eight and drawn one of their previous nine top-flight matches at the Emirates Stadium. They have also suffered just two league defeats in the entire 2022-23 campaign.
Arsenal fixtures show they have a big game coming up next week as they host Manchester City in what could decide the fate of the league title.
The Bees are enjoying an impressive run of form at the moment. Thomas Frank’s side are currently unbeaten in their previous nine top-flight matches, with their last league defeat coming way back in October at Aston Villa. Not only that, they have also conceded only a single goal in their previous five league games.
Brentford fixtures in February show they will not be very busy this month. With their game against Manchester United postponed, the Bees only have to face Crystal Palace following their clash at Arsenal.
Arsenal vs Brentford Potential line-ups
Arsenal: Ramsdale; White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko; Xhaka, Partey; Saka, Odegaard, Martinelli; Nketiah
Brentford: Raya; Hickey, Pinnock, Mee, Henry; Dasilva, Norgaard, Jensen; Mbeumo, Toney, Wissa
Arsenal vs Brentford Prediction
Brentford have been excellent defensively in recent weeks. Arsenal could find it very hard to breach their defences, but their attacking potential suggests they will at least be able to score a goal and edge the contest.
Arsenal 1-0 Brentford
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes