It has been reported in the Daily Star that Karim Benzema is a £30 million transfer target for Arsenal Wenger as he looks to bolster his squad this Summer
The Real Madrid striker’s time at the Santiago Bernabeu looks set to end this Summer with Premier League clubs Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United among the clubs that have shown interest in taking the French international.
Wenger is a keen admirer of Benzema and has tried to sign him in the past and it has been reported that he is readying an offer for the 27 year striker.
Benzema has scored 14 goals in 29 appearances in La Liga this season and it is understood that Real Madrid will be looking to bring in Edinson Cavani when they reveal Rafa Benitez as their replacement for the departing Carlo Ancelotti.
Arsenal have been short in the Centre Forward department again this season with Olivier Giroud figuring predominately again this season through the middle, the arrival of Danny Welbeck has not really worked for most of the season and if Arsenal are to challenge for the title as many expect them to next season Giroud will need some support.
- Arsenal’s hope of playing European football next season hangs by a thread
- Europa League preview: Slavia Prague vs Arsenal
- Leno: ‘I am open for new adventures’
- Arsenal enter race to sign Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard
- Can Arsenal finish in the top 6?
- Alexandre Lacazette steps up for Arsenal against Sheffield United
- Arsenal cruise past Sheffield United in impressive fashion
- Martinelli has a ‘bright future’ at Arsenal claims Mikel Arteta
- What can Arsenal do about their right-back situation?
- Arsenal targeting Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard