Arsenal are set to be quite active in the transfer window during the next week and Football London has the latest on what the club are planning.
The Gunners have already been busy in the window with the signing of two young and exciting players. Left-back Nuno Tavares arrived from Benfica and was followed by Albert Sambi Lokonga from Anderlecht.
As per the report, the north Londoners will be most active with regards to the goalkeeping position. They state that the club is set to make a third bid for Aaron Ramsdale of Sheffield United as he is the main target for this role. The Blades want a fee in excess of £30million and are braced for another offer to come from the Gunners. Elsewhere, Icelandic shot-stopper Alex Runarsson will be joining Turkish side Altay on a loan deal.
And finally, Football London also state that the Gunners will be completing their third signing with Ben White arriving from holiday to finalise his move. A medical has been scheduled for next week.
Arsenal News View
The loaning of Runarsson was almost inevitable given the goalkeeping situation already present at the club. The north Londoners are on the lookout for a new option, and they also have young Arthur Okonkwo lined up as their third choice.
This leaves no room for the Icelandic stopper, and it is good that he is being sent away for more game time. As for Ramsdale, it seems like a change in strategy after the club was initially interested in Andre Onana of Ajax.
The price that Sheffield are asking for is a lot when compared to what the Gunners would have to pay for Onana. But the Blades’ stopper is a talent with a lot of potential and can become a world class player at the Emirates Stadium.
Arsenal have some time left in the transfer window, but they are not waiting for long to make their moves, as they are set to sign their third player of the summer. This bodes well for the new season as it shows that the club are clear about adding quality talent to their ranks.
- Arsenal’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Arsenal Transfer News – Pursuit of Man City’s Gabriel Jesus dealt major blow
- Can Arsenal qualify for next season’s Champions League after Tottenham fiasco?
- Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Southampton vs Arsenal Preview & Arsenal Transfer News Updates
- Arsenal April 2022 Preview: Chelsea and Man Utd stand in way of top-four finish
- Saka’s goalscoring record, Arsenal’s improved away form and Leno’s form
- Aston Villa vs Arsenal: Preview, Team News, Line-ups and Prediction￼
- Arsenal’s March 2022 Schedule & Predictions
- Lionel Messi heaps praise on Arsenal-linked Lautaro Martinez