Arsenal are expected to spend big in the upcoming summer transfer window after an underwhelming season as per reports in Daily Mail.
Though the North Londoners have made it to the Europa League semi-finals and still have a chance of winning the coveted European trophy, their position in the league leaves a lot to be desired. Getting in the right kind of talent can help transform the fortunes of the team next season.
And in order to achieve this, the Gunners are looking to offload players and will be trying raise around £120million in sales. Football London understands that the players whose situation could be vulnerable are Alexandre Lacazette, Eddie Nketiah, Matteo Guendouzi, Lucas Torreira and Hector Bellerin.
Daily Mail claim that Arsenal are keen on Borussia Monchengladbach forward Alassane Plea and Borussia Dortmund attacking midfielder Julian Brandt. Nabil Fekir who plays in a similar role is also on the radar. There is interest in two central midfielders as well, Yves Bissouma of Brighton and Hove Albion and Glen Kamara of Rangers. Defence is also an area that the club is focusing on with Lee Buchanan of Derby County and Max Aarons of Norwich City being potential signings.
The report in Daily Mail further states that in case Bellerin leaves, the players to replace him could be Tariq Lamptey of Brighton or Emerson from Barcelona. Along with these transfer interests, the club are also looking to tie up Mat Ryan on a permanent deal.
What is encouraging to see is the profile of the players that the Gunners are looking at. The decision over attacking midfielder slot will also be influenced by the future of Martin Odegaard. But Brandt and Fekir would be less expensive options that can fill in well.
The same can be said about Plea and Kamara with the former having already been part of the Emirates side. If Bellerin was to leave, the players coming in are at the right age and more importantly, the right price. They would add so much to the right flank.
A lot of what Arsenal want to do in the summer will depend on who they can offload and for how much. But if they can secure any of the targets mentioned here, it would certainly help improve the quality of the team. The current squad has not done as well as Arteta would have wanted with individual errors marring good performances. With the upcoming transfer window, it could help change the fortunes of the Gunners.
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes