Arsenal target Sebastien Bassong is in talks with local rivals tottenham.
Bassong, 23, joined Newcastle from French club Metz in July 2008 and is expected to cost at least £8m.
Bassong recently said “My agent told me about Arsenal’s interest. But I don’t think now is the moment to speak about Arsenal”
Tottenham have now made their move and some reports coming out of london today say that Bassong has already undergone a medical with the North London club.
I think if Arsenal really wanted Bassong we would have moved for him before we signed Thomas Vermaelen. And he cant be that good if Newcastle went down with him at the heart of their back 4..
- North London Derby performance a cause for celebration
- Arsenal vs Tottenham: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Provisional Line-ups
- How And Where To Bet On Arsenal
- Arsenal vs Norwich City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s chances of winning a cup trophy this season
- Arsenal’s September 2021 Fixtures preview
- Manchester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview
- Arsenal shouldn’t think twice about moving deadwood
- Lacklustre debut reaffirms need for creativity
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight