Arsenal target Sebastien Bassong is in talks with local rivals tottenham.
Bassong, 23, joined Newcastle from French club Metz in July 2008 and is expected to cost at least £8m.
Bassong recently said “My agent told me about Arsenal’s interest. But I don’t think now is the moment to speak about Arsenal”
Tottenham have now made their move and some reports coming out of london today say that Bassong has already undergone a medical with the North London club.
I think if Arsenal really wanted Bassong we would have moved for him before we signed Thomas Vermaelen. And he cant be that good if Newcastle went down with him at the heart of their back 4..
- Alexandre Lacazette steps up for Arsenal against Sheffield United
- Arsenal cruise past Sheffield United in impressive fashion
- Martinelli has a ‘bright future’ at Arsenal
- What can Arsenal do about their right-back situation?
- Arsenal targeting Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard
- Arsenal keen on signing Brazilian youngster Matheus Martinelli
- Arsenal can sign Houssem Aouar on one condition, claims journalist
- Paris Saint-Germain interested in Arsenal defender Hector Bellerin
- Arsenal striker Folarin Balogun close to signing new contract
- Arsenal vs Sheffield United – Premier League Preview, Team News & Predicted Line-ups