Arsenal target Sebastien Bassong is in talks with local rivals tottenham.
Bassong, 23, joined Newcastle from French club Metz in July 2008 and is expected to cost at least £8m.
Bassong recently said “My agent told me about Arsenal’s interest. But I don’t think now is the moment to speak about Arsenal”
Tottenham have now made their move and some reports coming out of london today say that Bassong has already undergone a medical with the North London club.
I think if Arsenal really wanted Bassong we would have moved for him before we signed Thomas Vermaelen. And he cant be that good if Newcastle went down with him at the heart of their back 4..
- Arsenal beat Milwall behind closed doors: Match report and Player Ratings
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison
- Arsenal agree contract extension with Emile Smith Rowe
- Tammy Abraham to Arsenal: Do the Gunners need him?
- Arsenal cancel pre-season trip to US
- Lesson from pre-season: What did Arsenal learn?
- Mikel Arteta reacts to draw against Rangers
- An overview on Arsenal’s Scotland preseason tour- player ratings for both games
- Three Premier League clubs interested in Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal predicted line-up against Rangers