According to reports Manchester City are to offer their young Serbian defender around to European clubs for £5 million in January as the blue side of Manchester look to trim their squad.
Nastasic is quite the forgotten man at the Etihad and many predicted his departure in the Summer with AC Milan believed to be his destination in a loan deal however he could not agree terms and remained in Manchester.
At the age of 21 has more experience than most at that age, he has already won 16 caps for his country and spent a year at Fiorentina before his move to the Premier League back in 2012.
The central defender was signed by former Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini and has failed to impress current manager Manuel Pellegrini with the defender failing to make any appearances in the league this season.
The former Partizan Belgrade man was tipped to be a big success in his first season under Mancini when he made 21 League appearances but since the dismissal of the Italian coach opportunities have been limited. Nastasic will be looking for a move in the new year in an attempt to get his career back on track.
Arsenal are in desperate need of defensive players with the absence of Mathieu Debuchy and Laurent Koscielny due to injury, Thomas Vermaelen was sold to Barcelona for £15 million who was not replaced and then there is Carl Jenkinson who left in a loan deal to West Ham.
The January transfer window could be make or break for Wenger who has been put under pressure to buy re-reinforcements in light of some uninspiring defensive displays.
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes