Chilean attacking midfielder Arturo Vidal has been the source of much speculation in recent weeks, it was thought that a deal with Arsenal was close to completion but that talk as cooled significantly in the days which have followed. Now Juventus Sporting Director Guiseppe Moratta has put the record straight.
He told Chilean newspaper El Mercurio: “I have no problem saying it, Arturo Vidal will stay at Juventus next season; he is a player too valuable to let go.
There has also been rumours that new Real Madrid coach Rafa Benitez had identified Vidal as his top target and there had even been a agreement in place, Moratta was quick to quash that rumour as well.
“We have nothing concrete from Real Madrid or other teams, but we know that several major clubs are watching the Chilean.
Last month South American journalist Hernan Feler had claimed that an agreement had been reached between Vidal and Arsenal claiming that all will be revealed after this month’s Copa America.
After the Copa America in Chile, it will be made official the arrival of Arturo Vidal to Arsenal.
“Everything is closed. Alexis [Sanchez] will partner him.”
these comments now seem wide of the mark.
There were also rumours that talks with Vidal‘s agent took place after the FA Cup final where Fernando Felicevich the player’s agent was present, he also acts on behalf of Arsenal‘s Alexis Sanchez and was at Wembley as a guest of Sanchez.
Vidal is expected to start for Juventus tonight in their Champions League final in Berlin where they take on favourites Barcelona.
- Arsenal’s hope of playing European football next season hangs by a thread
- Europa League preview: Slavia Prague vs Arsenal
- Leno: ‘I am open for new adventures’
- Arsenal enter race to sign Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard
- Can Arsenal finish in the top 6?
- Alexandre Lacazette steps up for Arsenal against Sheffield United
- Arsenal cruise past Sheffield United in impressive fashion
- Martinelli has a ‘bright future’ at Arsenal claims Mikel Arteta
- What can Arsenal do about their right-back situation?
- Arsenal targeting Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard