It has been reported that Arsene Wenger is readying a bid for Barcelona winger Pedro Rodrigues of £26 Million for a January swoop.
Pedro has found his opportunities limited under new boss Luis Enrique and has only made 14 La Liga appearances for the Catalan giants scoring 2 goals.
The 27 year old Spanish International was linked with Arsenal in the Summer but it is believed that a bid of around £20 Million was rejected before the signing of Barcelona team mate Alexis Sanchez was announced, now Wenger looks ready to test Barcelona’s resolve once more with a sizeable offer.
The arrival of former Liverpool forward Luis Suarez appears to have limited first team opportunities for Pedro who would be an exceptional signing for a relatively small fee in today’s inflated transfer market.
Pedro comes with a winning mentality and a pedigree of the highest order. The Winger has 4 La Liga titles as well as 2 Champions League triumphs with Barcelona as well as being a World Cup and European Championship winner with Spain.
It is no secret that Wenger is in dire need of additions to his injury ravaged squad in January and with this being one of the tightest battles for Champions league qualification it may take a lot of investment in January if Arsenal are to make it 19 successive qualifying campaigns.
- Arsenal’s hope of playing European football next season hangs by a thread
- Europa League preview: Slavia Prague vs Arsenal
- Leno: ‘I am open for new adventures’
- Arsenal enter race to sign Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard
- Can Arsenal finish in the top 6?
- Alexandre Lacazette steps up for Arsenal against Sheffield United
- Arsenal cruise past Sheffield United in impressive fashion
- Martinelli has a ‘bright future’ at Arsenal claims Mikel Arteta
- What can Arsenal do about their right-back situation?
- Arsenal targeting Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard