It has been reported that Arsene Wenger is readying a bid for Barcelona winger Pedro Rodrigues of £26 Million for a January swoop.
Pedro has found his opportunities limited under new boss Luis Enrique and has only made 14 La Liga appearances for the Catalan giants scoring 2 goals.
The 27 year old Spanish International was linked with Arsenal in the Summer but it is believed that a bid of around £20 Million was rejected before the signing of Barcelona team mate Alexis Sanchez was announced, now Wenger looks ready to test Barcelona’s resolve once more with a sizeable offer.
The arrival of former Liverpool forward Luis Suarez appears to have limited first team opportunities for Pedro who would be an exceptional signing for a relatively small fee in today’s inflated transfer market.
Pedro comes with a winning mentality and a pedigree of the highest order. The Winger has 4 La Liga titles as well as 2 Champions League triumphs with Barcelona as well as being a World Cup and European Championship winner with Spain.
It is no secret that Wenger is in dire need of additions to his injury ravaged squad in January and with this being one of the tightest battles for Champions league qualification it may take a lot of investment in January if Arsenal are to make it 19 successive qualifying campaigns.
- North London Derby performance a cause for celebration
- Arsenal vs Tottenham: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Provisional Line-ups
- How And Where To Bet On Arsenal
- Arsenal vs Norwich City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s chances of winning a cup trophy this season
- Arsenal’s September 2021 Fixtures preview
- Manchester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview
- Arsenal shouldn’t think twice about moving deadwood
- Lacklustre debut reaffirms need for creativity
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight