With only a few weeks till the start of the new season I feel that we are STILL 3 players short of having a realistic chance of winning the league.
What we are lacking…
1) Stable GK : I hope we don’t sign Schwarzer, 38 this year is he really going to be the answer? Didn’t look very convincing at this summers World Cup. Personally I would go for Frey or Stekelenburg, Or if Wenger wanted a cheap keeper then Chris Kirkland.
2) Powerful CB – we have wanted a Martin Keown type CB for a number of years now. How many times have we gone to places like Blackburn, Stoke, Bolton and dropped points due to us not being able to deal with balls into the box? I would hope that Koscielny is not going to be the only CB that arrives this summer. Even if we resign Campbell we still need a REAL CB partner for TV. I would hope that a player like Cristian Zapata or Gary Cahill would be with us before the start of the season. Not convinced with Johan Djourou at all.
3) Ball winner in CM – Alex Song has done a great job for Arsenal, But we saw last season that when he was missing we didn’t have that ball winner, With all due respect Eastmond is not ready to do this job and Denilson showed a number of times that he doesn’t have the pace or work rate to do this role. SO with that in mind, Scott Parker or even resigning Flamini or Diarra would give us more bite. Very impressed with young Frimpong but Im not sure he is ready just yet.
3 Players in Kirkland, Cahill and Parker who all play in the EPL and wouldn’t need time to adjust or wouldn’t cost a massive amount.
Anything less and it’s going to be much of the same…Getting close but not good enough and Fighting for 3rd/4th place “AT BEST”
Debate this more on the forum – www.arsenalaction.com/forum/
- North London Derby performance a cause for celebration
- Arsenal vs Tottenham: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Provisional Line-ups
- How And Where To Bet On Arsenal
- Arsenal vs Norwich City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s chances of winning a cup trophy this season
- Arsenal’s September 2021 Fixtures preview
- Manchester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview
- Arsenal shouldn’t think twice about moving deadwood
- Lacklustre debut reaffirms need for creativity
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight