According to the Daily Mail Arsenal have made an approach to Borussia Dortmund for their holding midfielder who is thought to be a target for premier league rivals Manchester United and Manchester City
It is reported that Arsenal and Atletico Madrid are front runners for the German international’s signature with both Manchester clubs and Bayern Munich having concerns about his recent injury record.
Gundogan has made 21 appearances in the Bundesliga for Jurgen Klopp and has already made it clear that he will not be extending is current deal at Signal Iduna Park. The Turkish born midfielder’s contract runs out next Summer and it is believed that Dortmund are open to the possibility of parting with the player this Summer to avoid losing him for nothing in 2016.
It is the worst secret in football that Arsene Wenger is looking to bolster his options in the defensive midfield department, Francis Coquelin has been a revelation this season at the Emirates but the 24 year old remains the only recognisable holding midfielder available for Wenger.
It has been leveled at Arsene Wenger that he has failed to address the defensive deficiencies in the last few seasons but adding Gundogan to the squad would be a good start, it is important for Arsenal to have a deep squad and the acquisition of Dortmund’s defensive midfielder would go someway to rectifying the problem.
- Arsenal vs Norwich City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s chances of winning a cup trophy this season
- Arsenal’s September 2021 Fixtures preview
- Manchester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview
- Arsenal shouldn’t think twice about moving deadwood
- Lacklustre debut reaffirms need for creativity
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight
- Arsenal 4-1 Watford: Match report and Player Ratings
- Arsenal interested in signing Inter Milan striker
- Former Arsenal player urges club to sign Manchester United target