Arsenal are all set to sign Omar Rekik from Hertha Berlin when the transfer window reopens in January.
The 18-year-old was expected to sign for the Gunners earlier on in the summer but the deal collapsed on the deadline day.
However, the terms of the transfer have been agreed between all parties and the move will go through in January.
The highly talented centre back is expected to train with the first team when the transfer is complete.
Arsenal are thought to be keen on sending him back to the Bundesliga on a loan deal so that he can continue his development with regular first team football.
Omar Rekik is highly rated in the Bundesliga and he has a big future ahead of him. If Arsenal can monitor his development properly, he could prove to be a quality long term investment for them.
Arsenal have done well to improve their defensive unit by investing in quality young defenders like Saliba and Gabriel. The arrival of Rekik will only further strengthen the defensive unit at the London club.
It will be interesting to see whether the youngster goes out on loan after completing the move or joins up with the club’s under-23 squad. He is not ready for the Premier League just yet and Rekik will need some time to adapt to English football.
- Arsenal 4-1 Watford: Match report and Player Ratings
- Atletico Madrid interested in signing Alexandre Lacazette
- Arsenal’s midfield dilemma: What can be done?
- Arsenal transfer round-up: Ramsdale, White
- The striker dilemma at Arsenal
- Arsenal beat Milwall behind closed doors: Match report and Player Ratings
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison
- Arsenal agree contract extension with Emile Smith Rowe
- Tammy Abraham to Arsenal: Do the Gunners need him?
- Arsenal cancel pre-season trip to US