Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil has been left out of the club’s 25-man Premier League squad earlier today.
It seems that the German international’s career at Arsenal is all but over and he might have played his last game for the London club.
Earlier this season, the 32-year-old midfielder was left out of the European squad as well and he has not played for the Gunners since the 7th of March.
Ozil will be a free agent at the end of this season and he will be able to move on and join another club on a free transfer.
The German has fallen down the pecking order at Arsenal since the arrival of Mikel Arteta and it seems that the Spaniard does not rate Ozil at all.
Earlier this season, there were rumours that Arsenal could look to terminate the midfielder’s contract but it seems that they have not managed to convince Ozil to mutually terminate his current deal with the club.
Meanwhile, it seems that Arsenal tried to sign the Sporting Lisbon winger Joelson Fernandes during the summer transfer window.
The player’s father and agent has confirmed that Arsenal submitted an offer of around £18 million for the 17 year old winger.
Fernandes is rated highly in Portugal and he could have been a quality long-term addition to Arsenal’s squad.
The Gunners have an impressive pool of young talent at their disposal and Fernandes would have been another exciting prospect for them.
It will be interesting to see if the Premier League club return with an improved offer for the 17-year-old when the transfer window reopens in January.
Sporting Lisbon decided to turn down Arsenal’s summer offer and the player has now agreed on a new contract with the Portuguese club.
- North London Derby performance a cause for celebration
- Arsenal vs Tottenham: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Provisional Line-ups
- How And Where To Bet On Arsenal
- Arsenal vs Norwich City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s chances of winning a cup trophy this season
- Arsenal’s September 2021 Fixtures preview
- Manchester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview
- Arsenal shouldn’t think twice about moving deadwood
- Lacklustre debut reaffirms need for creativity
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight