Arsenal have reportedly received a transfer offer from Villarreal to sign Hector Bellerin as per DiMarzio journalist Matteo Moretto.
The Spaniard is currently the club’s longest-serving player but appears to be on his way out. Since arriving from Barcelona, the right-back has become an important part of the squad, helping the Gunners win multiple FA Cups and Community Shields.
According to Moretto via Twitter, the newly crowned Europa League Champions are not the only team to register their interest as he tweeted:
“Héctor Bellerín has an offer from Villarreal. Sevilla is also behind him. The player has the priority to come to Spain or Italy.”
Héctor Bellerín tiene una oferta del Villarreal. El Sevilla también está detrás de el. El jugador tiene cómo prioridad venir a España o Italia 🇪🇸🇮🇹
— Matteo Moretto (@MatteMoretto) June 8, 2021
The Gunners put up their right-back for sale back in January and wanted a fee in the region of £30million. But as per CBS Sports(via Metro), they would be willing to accept a bid lower than that figure as well.
Apart from the two Spanish clubs mentioned above, there is interest from Paris Saint-Germain and AC Milan. Both are tempting options, and the defender will have a good chance of succeeding at either team. The Spaniard has been a wonderful servant for the club and a positive ambassador off the pitch. But both parties would benefit from a move away.
Bellerin has not been able to replicate his form from a couple of seasons ago after being hampered by regular injuries. Even towards the end of 2020/21, it looked like he wasn’t Mikel Arteta’s first choice. His decision this summer can potentially be a career-defining one.
This possible transfer also gives the Gunners a chance to rethink their approach to the right-back role. They can sign a replacement that can help move the club forward and that is an exciting thought. Whatever they get from this possible transaction can be used to fund other transfers.
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes
- Preview: Arsenal vs Fulham – prediction, team news, line-ups