It has been reported in The Metro that Arsene Wenger has been given the green light to bid for Barcelona and Spain forward Pedro Eliezer Rodríguez Ledesma better known as Pedro, it is believed a bid in excess of £20 million would be enough to see him depart the Camp Nou.
The Barcelona forward has struggled to hold down a starting place since the arrival of Neymar and more recently Luis Suarez which has seen him become very frustrated at the Catalan giants. Pedro has only started 13 La Liga games this season scoring 5 goals and grabbing 5 assists.
Any deal would see him link up with former Barcelona team mate Alexis Sanchez who sealed a £32 million switch last Summer and hit the ground running.
If Pedro was to agree a switch this Summer it would see what seems to be the inevitable exit of Theo Walcott who is still yet to agree a new deal, the England winger is quickly approaching his final year at the Emirates with negotiations appearing to have stalled on the player’s wage demands.
Pedro would be an ideal fit for Arsenal and the Premier League, he is a mobile forward who much like Sanchez can play a multitude of postions along the front line. He is quick, intelligent and has a great eye for goal.
Since the arrival of latest Barcelona coach Luis Enrique the 27 year old attacker has fallen even further down the pecking order and is in need of a new challenge and will be eager to seek out first team football to keep his International career on track.
- Arsenal vs Fulham preview: buoyant Gunners plot march up the league table
- Eddie Nketiah and Reiss Nelson: The Forgotten Arsenal Youngsters
- ‘It is a joy to watch’, Mikel Arteta praises Arsenal duo
- Arsenal’s hope of playing European football next season hangs by a thread
- Europa League preview: Slavia Prague vs Arsenal
- Leno: ‘I am open for new adventures’
- Arsenal enter race to sign Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard
- Can Arsenal finish in the top 6?
- Alexandre Lacazette steps up for Arsenal against Sheffield United
- Arsenal cruise past Sheffield United in impressive fashion