Arsenal are believed to be interested in a swap deal involving Hector Bellerin and Barcelona’s Junior Firpo, according to Football.London.
Firpo is seen as a perfect competition for Kieran Tierney for the left-back slot. And given he is just 24-years-old, he will have vast potential and sell-on value. The former Betis man has just played 719 minutes of football this season and thus would be relishing a chance to move abroad in search for more first-team opportunities.
Whereas, Bellerin has had an underwhelming campaign. The Gunners have repeatedly looked at other options. Brighton’s Tariq Lamptey and Norwich’s Max Aarons are tipped to replace the former La Masia Academy graduate.
Bellerin has looked jaded this season, most recently against Man City
Bellerin attracted strong interest from PSG last summer but was ultimately persuaded to stay at North London by his former teammate and now manager Mikel Arteta.
First-choice right back and a cover-up for left back looks like a priority of Arsenal. Considering the players who have been recently linked to a switch to the Emirates.
The acquisition of Cedric Soares was also completed to push Bellerin to his limits. But that trick is believed to have not worked.
Both, Firpo and Bellerin, are not in the best books at their respective clubs. Due to the pandemic, where finances have been severely hit, a swap deal would be an attractive proposition for all the parties involved.
Article by Yash Bisht.
- Arsenal’s top-four chances this season
- Liverpool vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Leicester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- North London Derby performance a cause for celebration
- Arsenal vs Tottenham: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Provisional Line-ups
- How And Where To Bet On Arsenal
- Arsenal vs Norwich City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s chances of winning a cup trophy this season
- Arsenal’s September 2021 Fixtures preview
- Manchester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview