Arsenal are believed to be interested in a swap deal involving Hector Bellerin and Barcelona’s Junior Firpo, according to Football.London.
Firpo is seen as a perfect competition for Kieran Tierney for the left-back slot. And given he is just 24-years-old, he will have vast potential and sell-on value. The former Betis man has just played 719 minutes of football this season and thus would be relishing a chance to move abroad in search for more first-team opportunities.
Whereas, Bellerin has had an underwhelming campaign. The Gunners have repeatedly looked at other options. Brighton’s Tariq Lamptey and Norwich’s Max Aarons are tipped to replace the former La Masia Academy graduate.
Bellerin has looked jaded this season, most recently against Man City
Bellerin attracted strong interest from PSG last summer but was ultimately persuaded to stay at North London by his former teammate and now manager Mikel Arteta.
First-choice right back and a cover-up for left back looks like a priority of Arsenal. Considering the players who have been recently linked to a switch to the Emirates.
The acquisition of Cedric Soares was also completed to push Bellerin to his limits. But that trick is believed to have not worked.
Both, Firpo and Bellerin, are not in the best books at their respective clubs. Due to the pandemic, where finances have been severely hit, a swap deal would be an attractive proposition for all the parties involved.
Article by Yash Bisht.
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes