Arsenal are believed to be interested in a swap deal involving Hector Bellerin and Barcelona’s Junior Firpo, according to Football.London.
Firpo is seen as a perfect competition for Kieran Tierney for the left-back slot. And given he is just 24-years-old, he will have vast potential and sell-on value. The former Betis man has just played 719 minutes of football this season and thus would be relishing a chance to move abroad in search for more first-team opportunities.
Whereas, Bellerin has had an underwhelming campaign. The Gunners have repeatedly looked at other options. Brighton’s Tariq Lamptey and Norwich’s Max Aarons are tipped to replace the former La Masia Academy graduate.
Bellerin has looked jaded this season, most recently against Man City
Bellerin attracted strong interest from PSG last summer but was ultimately persuaded to stay at North London by his former teammate and now manager Mikel Arteta.
First-choice right back and a cover-up for left back looks like a priority of Arsenal. Considering the players who have been recently linked to a switch to the Emirates.
The acquisition of Cedric Soares was also completed to push Bellerin to his limits. But that trick is believed to have not worked.
Both, Firpo and Bellerin, are not in the best books at their respective clubs. Due to the pandemic, where finances have been severely hit, a swap deal would be an attractive proposition for all the parties involved.
Article by Yash Bisht.
- Can Arsenal qualify for next season’s Champions League after Tottenham fiasco?
- Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Southampton vs Arsenal Preview & Arsenal Transfer News Updates
- Arsenal April 2022 Preview: Chelsea and Man Utd stand in way of top-four finish
- Saka’s goalscoring record, Arsenal’s improved away form and Leno’s form
- Aston Villa vs Arsenal: Preview, Team News, Line-ups and Prediction￼
- Arsenal’s March 2022 Schedule & Predictions
- Lionel Messi heaps praise on Arsenal-linked Lautaro Martinez
- Arsenal Told to Let Alexandre Lacazette’s Contract Run Out
- Arsenal vs Burnley: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups