Arsenal will take to the field on Saturday against Rangers for their second pre-season game in their Scotland tour. Having lost to Hibernian, the Gunners will be looking to bounce back and end their trip on a successful note.
It was a disappointing first game as the English side looked very rusty and ended up losing 2-1 to the Hibs. Though the performance in the second half was a bit improved, there is a lot of work to be done by Mikel Arteta to improve the standard of the team.
And it will not be easy against the Scottish champions who have been in incredible form under Steven Gerrard. The trip to Ibrox is a special one as the Gers are marking their 150th anniversary celebrations and the north Londoners would like to steal the spotlight from them.
The Gunners are likely to return to a 4-2-3-1 formation with Arthur Okonkwo remaining in goal. Despite his high-profile mistake, the youngster will be given another chance. A lot of changes can be expected for this match, starting with defence. Calum Chambers will slot in as the right-back with Nuno Tavares making his debut on the left. Rob Holding and Pablo Mari should start as the centre backs.
In midfield, Jack Henry-Francis was a revelation against Hibernian and is likely to keep his place from the start. Along with him, it will be Thomas Partey who looked imperious during a short spell in the last game. Arteta can switch things up later on, but this is how the central area is likely to look.
Further ahead, Emile Smith-Rowe, Nicolas Pepe and Reiss Nelson are the ones who will form the trio behind the striker. Nelson in particular looked impressive against the Hibs and it will be good for his confidence to be given another chance. Smith-Rowe got the only goal for the Gunners and looked a threat throughout just like his Ivorian teammate.
Since both Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Eddie Nketiah started the last game, it is likely that the striker against Rangers will be Alexandre Lacazette or Folarin Balogun. To start with, it is more likely to be the Frenchman due to his experience. Arsenal need to put on a strong performance and leave Scotland with a positive result.
Arsenal Starting XI Against Rangers (4-2-3-1):
Arthur Okonkwo, Calum Chambers, Rob Holding, Pablo Mari, Nuno Tavares, Thomas Partey, Jack Henry-Francis, Nicolas Pepe, Emile Smith-Rowe, Reiss Nelson, Alexandre Lacazette
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes
- Preview: Arsenal vs Fulham – prediction, team news, line-ups