Olivier Giroud is thought to be returning to the Arsenal team earlier than expected after recovering from a fractured tibia sustained during the game against Everton in August.
The news of his return will be a huge boost to Arsenal who are in the midst of their worst injury crisis to date.
The French striker had surgery on his foot and said to be recovering well according to manager Arsene Wenger who told beIN Sports:
“Olivier Giroud is recovering very well,”
“I believe he is ahead of schedule in terms of rehabilitation. The operation went perfectly.”
Giroud could well return to football by the end of the year should he continue the good progress. It will be interesting to see how he slots into the team with new signing Welbeck but Wenger believes they will be fine playing together;
“Welbeck and [Giroud] can play together in the centre or separately. Welbeck also played on one side to Manchester United. Welbeck played in the same team with Rooney and van Persie. He can play down the sides.”
This is a worry because Welbeck is not very successful when played to one side, he wasn’t at United and it’s likely he won’t at Arsenal too.
The French striker was also spotted out and out in his native Paris this weekend as he takes a break with his wife and daughter, most likely mending his broken foot and probably his marriage after it was revealed that he had affairs at the beginning of this year.
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison
- Arsenal agree contract extension with Emile Smith Rowe
- Tammy Abraham to Arsenal: Do the Gunners need him?
- Arsenal cancel pre-season trip to US
- Lesson from pre-season: What did Arsenal learn?
- Mikel Arteta reacts to draw against Rangers
- An overview on Arsenal’s Scotland preseason tour- player ratings for both games
- Three Premier League clubs interested in Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal predicted line-up against Rangers
- Tavares, Chambers, Tierney – Arsenal Team News against Rangers