Olivier Giroud is thought to be returning to the Arsenal team earlier than expected after recovering from a fractured tibia sustained during the game against Everton in August.
The news of his return will be a huge boost to Arsenal who are in the midst of their worst injury crisis to date.
The French striker had surgery on his foot and said to be recovering well according to manager Arsene Wenger who told beIN Sports:
“Olivier Giroud is recovering very well,”
“I believe he is ahead of schedule in terms of rehabilitation. The operation went perfectly.”
Giroud could well return to football by the end of the year should he continue the good progress. It will be interesting to see how he slots into the team with new signing Welbeck but Wenger believes they will be fine playing together;
“Welbeck and [Giroud] can play together in the centre or separately. Welbeck also played on one side to Manchester United. Welbeck played in the same team with Rooney and van Persie. He can play down the sides.”
This is a worry because Welbeck is not very successful when played to one side, he wasn’t at United and it’s likely he won’t at Arsenal too.
The French striker was also spotted out and out in his native Paris this weekend as he takes a break with his wife and daughter, most likely mending his broken foot and probably his marriage after it was revealed that he had affairs at the beginning of this year.
- Alexandre Lacazette steps up for Arsenal against Sheffield United
- Arsenal cruise past Sheffield United in impressive fashion
- Martinelli has a ‘bright future’ at Arsenal
- What can Arsenal do about their right-back situation?
- Arsenal targeting Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard
- Arsenal keen on signing Brazilian youngster Matheus Martinelli
- Arsenal can sign Houssem Aouar on one condition, claims journalist
- Paris Saint-Germain interested in Arsenal defender Hector Bellerin
- Arsenal striker Folarin Balogun close to signing new contract
- Arsenal vs Sheffield United – Premier League Preview, Team News & Predicted Line-ups