Arsenal have been linked with a move for the Cruz Azul winger Orbelin Pineda.
The 24 year old is highly rated in Mexican football and he was close to joining Manchester City back in 2016.
Apparently, the likes of Tottenham, Wolves, Everton, Southampton, Newcastle and West Ham United are keeping tabs on the Mexican international as well.
It will be interesting to see if Arsenal make their move for the talented winger when the transfer window reopens in January.
There is no doubt that they could use some creativity and flair from the wide areas and Orbelin could prove to be a smart addition.
Club record signing Nicolas Pepe is he yet to show his true potential at Arsenal and bringing in another winger will add more competition to the side. Pepe needs someone to push him for the starting berth.
The Mexican has scored eight goals and picked up seven assists in his 68 appearances for Cruz Azul so far.
Other European clubs like Ajax, Porto and Monaco have looked at the winger in the recent months as well.
It will be interesting to see where the 24 year old ends up eventually.
If the likes of Arsenal come calling for the winger in January, he might be tempted to make the move. The chance to join a Premier League club is often hard to turn down.
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight
- Arsenal 4-1 Watford: Match report and Player Ratings
- Arsenal interested in signing Inter Milan striker
- Former Arsenal player urges club to sign Manchester United target
- Atletico Madrid interested in signing Alexandre Lacazette
- Arsenal’s midfield dilemma: What can be done?
- Arsenal transfer round-up: Ramsdale, White
- The striker dilemma at Arsenal
- Arsenal beat Milwall behind closed doors: Match report and Player Ratings
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison