Former goalkeeper David Seaman has backed Arsenal’s interest in Brighton and Hove Albion defender Ben White, as per Goal.
The Gunners are expected to come back with a second bid after their first offer was rejected by The Seagulls. The defender is currently on national duty with England at the Euros and that could delay a move.
Seaman was asked about the club’s interest in White. The Arsenal legend praised the player and mentioned his loan spell under Marcelo Bielsa at Leeds United, as he told Goal:
“He’s got everything [needed] to go and take hold of it and give it his best shot. He’s got the physique; he’s got the temperament.
“At Leeds it’s a high-press, high-tempo game, so his fitness is also not in doubt. Would he be a good signing for Arsenal? Of course, he would because he’s a good player.”
This kind of praise from David Seaman shows how highly White is rated. Though he has played only one season in the Premier League, the centre-back has shown that he has what it takes to succeed at the highest level. The player’s participation in the Euros is proof of his impact last season. With the Gunners set to make another bid, there is a good chance that the Englishman might end up at the Emirates this summer.
It was at Leeds that White became well known for his ball-playing skills and those qualities will be required at the north London club. The centre-back’s passing ability came to the fore under Bielsa and Mikel Arteta will want the potential arrival to replicate that facet of his game.
The Brighton defender excels at playing incisive passes the same way former Gunners defender David Luiz did. Under Graham Potter, the 23-year-old was instructed to always look for an attacking outlet and it will be the same under Arteta.
Arsenal’s interest in White is encouraging as it shows that they want to improve their defence and as Seaman pointed out, he would be a good signing and could arrive soon after the Euros.
- North London Derby performance a cause for celebration
- Arsenal vs Tottenham: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Provisional Line-ups
- How And Where To Bet On Arsenal
- Arsenal vs Norwich City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s chances of winning a cup trophy this season
- Arsenal’s September 2021 Fixtures preview
- Manchester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview
- Arsenal shouldn’t think twice about moving deadwood
- Lacklustre debut reaffirms need for creativity
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight