Arsenal are planning to loan William Saliba out to a Championship club this season.
The Gunners were in talks with his former club regarding a loan deal but the move collapsed on deadline day. They are now holding talks to send the player to the second tier of English football.
The youngster is yet to play for Arsenal and the Gunners believe that he won’t get too many first team opportunities this season and it would be better for him to join another club on loan.
Regular first team football in the Championship could be ideal for the young defender right now. He can continue his development with game time and he could return to Arsenal as a better player next summer.
Apparently, Brentford are one of the clubs keen on the French centre back and it will be interesting to see where he ends up.
Arsenal have the likes of Holding, Gabriel, Luiz and Pablo Mari ahead of Saliba in the pecking order and a loan move would be the best option for all parties.
Saliba is highly rated in France and he is a prodigious talent. Arsenal cannot afford to keep him on the bench for an entire season.
If he can succeed in the Championship this year, Saliba would have a great chance of forcing his way into Arteta’s squad next year.
- Mikel Arteta vs Unai Emery – A comparison
- Ian Wright identifies perfect partner for Thomas Partey at Arsenal
- Granit Xhaka: Unexpected answer to Arsenal’s left-back crisis
- Arsenal vs Fulham preview: buoyant Gunners plot march up the league table
- Lucas Torreira is desperate to join Boca Juniors
- Eddie Nketiah and Reiss Nelson: The Forgotten Arsenal Youngsters
- ‘It is a joy to watch’, Mikel Arteta praises Arsenal duo
- Arsenal’s hope of playing European football next season hangs by a thread
- Europa League preview: Slavia Prague vs Arsenal
- Leno: ‘I am open for new adventures’