Arsenal are hoping to terminate Mesut Ozil’s contract before the January transfer window.
The German playmaker has not been a key starter for the Londoners ever since Mikel Arteta has been appointed as the manager.
The 31 year old is on massive wages and it is no surprise that Arsenal are looking to get him off their books.
Ozil earns £350,000 per week and he is not willing to agree on a reduced settlement.
The player is looking for £13 million payout and it will be interesting to see if Arsenal give in to his demands in the coming months.
Ozil can still be a very useful player for most teams across Europe and he should look to move on in such a regular first team football.
The World Cup winner is too good to sit on the bench for another year and it will be interesting to see if the two parties can sort out an agreement soon.
Arsenal are also better off investing the money on new players who can help them. It would be the best option for both parties if they decided to part ways soon.
- North London Derby performance a cause for celebration
- Arsenal vs Tottenham: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Provisional Line-ups
- How And Where To Bet On Arsenal
- Arsenal vs Norwich City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s chances of winning a cup trophy this season
- Arsenal’s September 2021 Fixtures preview
- Manchester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview
- Arsenal shouldn’t think twice about moving deadwood
- Lacklustre debut reaffirms need for creativity
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight