Arsenal are hoping to terminate Mesut Ozil’s contract before the January transfer window.
The German playmaker has not been a key starter for the Londoners ever since Mikel Arteta has been appointed as the manager.
The 31 year old is on massive wages and it is no surprise that Arsenal are looking to get him off their books.
Ozil earns £350,000 per week and he is not willing to agree on a reduced settlement.
The player is looking for £13 million payout and it will be interesting to see if Arsenal give in to his demands in the coming months.
Ozil can still be a very useful player for most teams across Europe and he should look to move on in such a regular first team football.
The World Cup winner is too good to sit on the bench for another year and it will be interesting to see if the two parties can sort out an agreement soon.
Arsenal are also better off investing the money on new players who can help them. It would be the best option for both parties if they decided to part ways soon.
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes
- Preview: Arsenal vs Fulham – prediction, team news, line-ups