Arsenal are keen on signing the highly-rated RB Salzburg midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai.
The 20 year old midfielder has caught the attention of the top Premier League clubs with his performances in the Champions League and he has been outstanding in the Austrian League as well.
The Hungarian international was named as the Austrian Bundesliga player of the season last year and he has started this season strongly with five goals and nine assists sentence is so far.
According to reports, the midfielder has a release clause of £23 million and Arsenal are currently exploring ways to sign him.
Apparently, the Premier League side do not wish to pay the money upfront and they want to meet his release clause with three yearly instalments.
It will be interesting to see if they succeed in convincing the Austrian club to accept such an offer for Dominik Szoboszlai.
The 20-year-old is highly rated around Europe and Arsenal won’t be the only club trying to secure his services.
If the midfielder is made available at the end of this season, there could be plenty of clubs queuing up to pay his release clause and it will be interesting to see how Arsenal managed to fend off the competition.
There is no doubt that the Gunners need to sign a quality attacking midfielder to fill the void left by Mesut Ozil and Dominik Szoboszlai would be the perfect addition to Arteta’s midfield.
- European Super League – For greed or development?
- Mikel Arteta impressed with on-loan Arsenal youngster
- Mikel Arteta speaks out on team selection and Eddie Nketiah after Fulham draw
- Mikel Arteta offers injury update on Alexandre Lacazette
- Mikel Arteta vs Unai Emery – A comparison
- Ian Wright identifies perfect partner for Thomas Partey at Arsenal
- Granit Xhaka: Unexpected answer to Arsenal’s left-back crisis
- Arsenal vs Fulham preview: buoyant Gunners plot march up the league table
- Lucas Torreira is desperate to join Boca Juniors
- Eddie Nketiah and Reiss Nelson: The Forgotten Arsenal Youngsters