Arsenal are keen on signing the highly-rated RB Salzburg midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai.
The 20 year old midfielder has caught the attention of the top Premier League clubs with his performances in the Champions League and he has been outstanding in the Austrian League as well.
The Hungarian international was named as the Austrian Bundesliga player of the season last year and he has started this season strongly with five goals and nine assists sentence is so far.
According to reports, the midfielder has a release clause of £23 million and Arsenal are currently exploring ways to sign him.
Apparently, the Premier League side do not wish to pay the money upfront and they want to meet his release clause with three yearly instalments.
It will be interesting to see if they succeed in convincing the Austrian club to accept such an offer for Dominik Szoboszlai.
The 20-year-old is highly rated around Europe and Arsenal won’t be the only club trying to secure his services.
If the midfielder is made available at the end of this season, there could be plenty of clubs queuing up to pay his release clause and it will be interesting to see how Arsenal managed to fend off the competition.
There is no doubt that the Gunners need to sign a quality attacking midfielder to fill the void left by Mesut Ozil and Dominik Szoboszlai would be the perfect addition to Arteta’s midfield.
- Arsenal 4-1 Watford: Match report and Player Ratings
- Atletico Madrid interested in signing Alexandre Lacazette
- Arsenal’s midfield dilemma: What can be done?
- Arsenal transfer round-up: Ramsdale, White
- The striker dilemma at Arsenal
- Arsenal beat Milwall behind closed doors: Match report and Player Ratings
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison
- Arsenal agree contract extension with Emile Smith Rowe
- Tammy Abraham to Arsenal: Do the Gunners need him?
- Arsenal cancel pre-season trip to US