It was only last week that there were reports of Arsenal agreeing terms with FC Porto’s impressive Striker Jackson Martinez, although it was believed that no fee has yet been agreed for the Colombian.
Porto are very close to completing a deal for Rayo Vallecano striker Alberto Bueno who reportedly completed a medical on Monday, this would signal the possibility of Martinez’s departure in the Summer.
The Portuguese side are yet to confirm whether they have yet received any bids but they have been adamant that Martinez will not leave for any less than his £24.7 million contractual release clause.
The 28 year old Colombian has been in hot form again this season scoring 28 goals in 38 appearances and would definitely fit the bill for the type of forward that Arsenal need.
Martinez has a bit of everything and in many respects is the ideal target man. The Colombian international is good in the air, has a good turn of pace, is versatile and as his record suggests he has a good eye for goal.
Arsenal have found themselves starved of a good Striker to rival Olivier Giroud up front this season and with Giroud not scoring in the last eight games it has been a bit of a concern for Wenger.
Martinez has been at Porto since 2012 and has scored 67 goals in 89 appearances.
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes
- Preview: Arsenal vs Fulham – prediction, team news, line-ups