Nicolas Pepe is reportedly on the verge of joining Turkish side Trabzonspor in latest Arsenal news.
The Frenchman spent the 2022-23 season on loan at Nice but failed to make a huge impact at the Allianz Riviera.
He made an impressive start in the Ligue 1, featuring in 16 consecutive games and scoring six goals.
But a knee injury in January kept him on the sidelines for almost the rest of the season.
The Ivory Coast international returned to the Emirates Stadium earlier this summer but it was quite clear he wasn’t part of Mikel Arteta’s plans.
With quality wingers in Bukayo Saka, who was among the 2023 Ballon d’Or nominees, and Gabriel Martinelli on their books, Pepe had a slim chance of first-team opportunities at the English club.
The 28-year-old is now set to end his spell in London as he is very close to joining Trabzonspor.
Reputed journalist Fabrizio Romano has even confirmed the move along with the player’s picture inside the plane towards Turkey.
Pepe joined Arsenal in a club-record £72 million deal from Lille in 2019. But he failed to meet expectations at the Emirates, scoring only 27 goals in 112 appearances in all competitions.
The North Londoners tried to offload him to a Saudi club after a move to Besiktas failed to materialise, but the winger turned down the offer.
Trabzonspor entered the race, and they are now on the verge of wrapping up a deal.
Pepe’s departure means the Gunners will be able to save millions in wages.
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes