Brazilian defensive midfield player Romulo Borges Monteiro is the source of transfer speculation and has been linked with a January move to Arsenal.
The 24 year old is the type of player many feel Wenger should be looking at and could answer a few of the defensive questions that still remain unanswered at the club. He is a very industrious, hard working and disciplined holding midfield player.
“Romulo” was signed by Spartak Moscow in 2012 for a fee in the region of £6 million and it is being reported that the Russian club are ready to cash in on the Brazilian.
“He is better than Rafael Carioca and the other Spartak options but I can’t say he’s indispensable.
“By nature he is not a leader. Yes, the Brazilian is a good player but if the offer is there to sell him you need to let him go.
“If Romulo learns that Spartak won’t let him go to Arsenal then he may harbour resentment and play worse after the failed move.
“It is necessary for the Red and Whites to trust their youth academy graduates and stop relying so much on foreigners.”
A reported bid of £9.5 Million plus Yaya Sanogo on loan has been mooted but this is still yet to be acknowledged by either club.
Arsenal have lacked some real steel in front of their back line for years and the signing of Romulo would give them that added security, it is still unclear if wenger will move for the Brazilian in January with reports in Spain suggesting he is still interesting in taking Sami Khedira from Real Madrid when the transfer window reopens
- Arsenal can sign Houssem Aouar on one condition, claims journalist
- Paris Saint-Germain interested in Arsenal defender Hector Bellerin
- Arsenal striker Folarin Balogun close to signing new contract
- Arsenal vs Sheffield United – Premier League Preview, Team News & Predicted Line-ups
- Mikel Arteta insists Aubameyang is totally commited to Arsenal
- Arsenal preparing concrete offer for Inter Milan star Achraf Hakimi
- Arsenal wonder boy in the squad for Europa League
- Predicted Arsenal XI against Slavia Prague(Europa League)
- Arsenal Team News ahead of Slavia Prague game
- Arsenal renew transfer interest in Wilfried Zaha