According to the Daily Star, Arsenal have had a £5 million bid rejected for promising midfielder Marcelo Brozovic. It is believed that his club Dinamo Zagreb are holding out for at least £8 million for the 22-year-old Croatian international.
“If someone wants one of our key players, it can only be with a memorable bid, if they knock me off my feet,” Dinamo manager Zdravko Mamic told Sportske.net. “That is my principle, and the numbers appearing in the media do not interest us.”
Brozovic is the latest talent to come from Croatian football. He signed a seven-year deal when he moved to Dinamo Zagreb in 2012 and has hit the ground running ever since. Big things are expected of him on the international stage; he has appeared for Croatia at Under 18, Under 19, Under 21 level – not to mention being named in Croatia’s world cup squad last summer in Brazil. He shone especially at Under 21 level, where he scored seven goals in as many internationals before being fast-tracked to the senior squad.
The Croatian midfielder is the latest in a long list of midfield players to be linked with a move to the Emirates. Morgan Schneiderlin, William Carvalho and Sami Khedira are definitely bigger names than Brozovic, but with Arsene Wenger tending to favour big money transfers in the summer, the signing of Brozovic would be a more likely acquisition for Arsenal this month.
- Arsenal’s top-four chances this season
- Liverpool vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Leicester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- North London Derby performance a cause for celebration
- Arsenal vs Tottenham: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Provisional Line-ups
- How And Where To Bet On Arsenal
- Arsenal vs Norwich City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s chances of winning a cup trophy this season
- Arsenal’s September 2021 Fixtures preview
- Manchester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview