According to several newspapers Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will be a transfer target this Summer and could be the first of many to leave Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund in the wake of Jurgen Klopp’s resignation.
Aubameyang would carry an expensive transfer fee with the Dortmund hierarchy valuing the Gabonese Striker at £30 million but with Arsene Wenger thought to have been impressed with his performance against Arsenal in the Champions league he could be open to the possibility of making an approach.
Aubameyang first came to prominence after eye catching displays in the Ligue 1 for French side St Etienne where he scored 35 goals in 73 appearances, the pacey attacker made a big move to Dortmund in July 2013 and has continued his good goal scoring record notching 25 goals in 58 appearances, but it is not only goals that Aubameyang brings to the table.
The former AC Milan youth player is quick, skillful and good in the air which is something you would expect for a man of his stature. Not only can he play through the middle he is useful on either flank or in a No.10 role. Dortmund are known for playing a very similar style to Arsenal so it would not be inconceivable for the Gabon international to hit the ground running in a very similar way to how Alexis Sanchez has since signing from Barcelona this Summer.
There is still uncertainty regarding the future of Theo Walcott with reports suggesting contract talks will re-open in a few weeks and with a severe lack of depth in centre forward positions of real quality Aubameyang has the ability to fill that void if needs be. Arsenal only have Danny Welbeck and Olivier Giroud as proven centre forwards currently at the club it is an opinion of many that they need more to sustain any kind of title challenge for next season.
Robert Lewandowski is one of the top Strikers in the Bundesliga and in comparison Aubameyang has fared well, scoring 12 goals to Lewandowski’s 16. He has more assists than the Polish Striker and has created more chances which would be expected of someone who is more mobile and more versatile.
The Dortmund forward is at home in a front 3 and anyone that has seen him this season especially in the Bundesliga would have noticed that he has the ability to course any defence serious problems with his pace and physical attributes. Aubameyang is 25 years of age so he still has a lot of time to improve as a footballer and his attributes would suggest he is tailor made for Premier League football.
- Arsenal’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Arsenal Transfer News – Pursuit of Man City’s Gabriel Jesus dealt major blow
- Can Arsenal qualify for next season’s Champions League after Tottenham fiasco?
- Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Southampton vs Arsenal Preview & Arsenal Transfer News Updates
- Arsenal April 2022 Preview: Chelsea and Man Utd stand in way of top-four finish
- Saka’s goalscoring record, Arsenal’s improved away form and Leno’s form
- Aston Villa vs Arsenal: Preview, Team News, Line-ups and Prediction￼
- Arsenal’s March 2022 Schedule & Predictions
- Lionel Messi heaps praise on Arsenal-linked Lautaro Martinez