It is being reported in the Daily Mail that Arsenal are not willing to meet Southampton’s valuation of £25 million and will seek out alternatives this Summer
Schneiderlin has been on Arsene Wenger‘s radar for a few seasons now and it was believed this Summer could have been the time that push came to shove and he met Southampton‘s valuation.
Wenger always has his own valuation of the player and it would appear he is not willing to match Southampton‘s and will reportedly look at other players of the same type this Summer.
Wenger has admitted in recent weeks that he sees no reason to overhaul the squad and will only add to the squad if the right player becomes available.
Many would agree that Arsenal are “close” to being able to challenge next season but without adding to the squad sufficiently they stand the chance of falling further behind due to their rivals all set to spend money.
The prominent rise of Francis Coquelin could be a factor in Wenger‘s thinking, Coquelin‘s impressive form stopped any need for Arsenal to splash the cash in the last transfer window but this time around it is surely about the depth of squad if they are to compete for the title.
As we all know in football if you stay still you risk the possibility of being left behind and this could well be the case next season without adequate additions.
- Arsenal to rival Leicester City for Italian midfielder Samuele Ricci
- Arsenal in talks to sign Mat Ryan on a permanent deal
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang deactivates Twitter account amid Super League debate
- Gabriel Martinelli will be crucial for Arsenal against Villarreal
- European Super League suspended after English clubs withdraw
- Why Hector Bellerin to Barcelona appears a realistic prospect
- Unai Emery hits out at European Super League plans ahead of Arsenal reunion
- European Super League – For greed or development?
- Mikel Arteta impressed with on-loan Arsenal youngster
- Mikel Arteta speaks out on team selection and Eddie Nketiah after Fulham draw