It is being reported in the Daily Mail that Arsenal are not willing to meet Southampton’s valuation of £25 million and will seek out alternatives this Summer
Schneiderlin has been on Arsene Wenger‘s radar for a few seasons now and it was believed this Summer could have been the time that push came to shove and he met Southampton‘s valuation.
Wenger always has his own valuation of the player and it would appear he is not willing to match Southampton‘s and will reportedly look at other players of the same type this Summer.
Wenger has admitted in recent weeks that he sees no reason to overhaul the squad and will only add to the squad if the right player becomes available.
Many would agree that Arsenal are “close” to being able to challenge next season but without adding to the squad sufficiently they stand the chance of falling further behind due to their rivals all set to spend money.
The prominent rise of Francis Coquelin could be a factor in Wenger‘s thinking, Coquelin‘s impressive form stopped any need for Arsenal to splash the cash in the last transfer window but this time around it is surely about the depth of squad if they are to compete for the title.
As we all know in football if you stay still you risk the possibility of being left behind and this could well be the case next season without adequate additions.
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight
- Arsenal 4-1 Watford: Match report and Player Ratings
- Arsenal interested in signing Inter Milan striker
- Former Arsenal player urges club to sign Manchester United target
- Atletico Madrid interested in signing Alexandre Lacazette
- Arsenal’s midfield dilemma: What can be done?
- Arsenal transfer round-up: Ramsdale, White
- The striker dilemma at Arsenal
- Arsenal beat Milwall behind closed doors: Match report and Player Ratings
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison