Arsenal are entertaining the possibility of offering a deal with RB Salzburg to sign Hungarian youngster Dominik Szoboszlai in January, with the youngster staying at the Austrian side on loan until the end of the season.
Szoboszlai is a player that Arsenal have admired for a long time, having previously had bids turned down while Unai Emery was in charge. However, an explosive start to the new campaign has seen a surge of interest in the 20-year-old, with RB Leipzig the reported favourites for his signature.
As a result, Arsenal are apparently willing to offer a buy-to-loan deal to RB Salzburg in order to beat the competition, according to Football Insider.
Szoboszlai been in sensational form this term, scoring five and assisting a further nine in 14 appearances in all competitions – including two Champions League strikes. Furthermore, his marvellous injury time winner against Iceland secured a spot in Euro 2020 for Hungary this summer.
His ability to register goals and assists could be vital to the Gunners, who have looked bereft of firepower this season. Mikel Arteta’s side have failed to register a single goal from open play in each of their last five league games, while star striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has found the net just twice. The addition of a new playmaker will be vital if the North Londoners want to turn things around.
Szoboszlai is a no brainer for me, everything considered. £21m release clause payable in 3 installments is a deal you can’t refuse. If he explodes as we would all want, he will be one of the buys of the decade, and if he doesn’t, his profile and age is still valuable to sell. pic.twitter.com/hkWCJFSRLm
— Eduardo Hagn (@EduardoHagn) November 20, 2020
They may need to act fast if they wish to secure the services of the Hungary international, as Tottenham Hotspur and Bayern Munich are also reportedly tracking the youngster, according to Eurosport.
Should no deal between Arsenal and RB Salzburg materialise, then the Gunners may look to Danish midfielder Christian Eriksen, who has reportedly been offered by Inter Milan for a cut-price deal.
Article by Charlie Stewart.
- North London Derby performance a cause for celebration
- Arsenal vs Tottenham: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Provisional Line-ups
- How And Where To Bet On Arsenal
- Arsenal vs Norwich City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s chances of winning a cup trophy this season
- Arsenal’s September 2021 Fixtures preview
- Manchester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview
- Arsenal shouldn’t think twice about moving deadwood
- Lacklustre debut reaffirms need for creativity
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight