It is being reported in the Metro that Arsenal are very “close” to completing a deal to bring Monaco’s midfield powerhouse Geoffrey Kondogbia to the Emirates.
Kondogbia has been linked with Arsenal a lot in recent days and it is thought that Arsenal face competition from Serie A side Inter Milan however new reports claim Arsene Wenger is set to win the race for the 22 year old midfielder.
Arsenal are rumoured to have bid £25 million for the French midfielder who would answer any defensive midfield problems Arsenal may have in their squad.
Francis Coquelin had an impressive campaign for Arsenal in that role but with Coquelin the only recognised holding midfield player it is important that Wenger adds to this area, an injury to the young Frenchman would see a return to that position for either Mathieu Flamini or Mikel Arteta who are clearly not good enough at the highest level.
Kondogbia has been compared to Arsenal legend Patrick Vieira and it is easy to see why, he is powerful, aggressive and dynamic which is exactly what Arsenal need in their midfield.
Any talk of Kondogbia would quash any rumours that went before regarding Arturo Vidal and with Kondogbia a lot younger and more of what this Arsenal squad needs signing the Frenchman over the Chilean would make more sense.
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes
- Preview: Arsenal vs Fulham – prediction, team news, line-ups