Funny that everytime we play a “top team” we get totally outplayed.
2 games vs Barca in the champions league this season, 2 games vs Man Utd in the champions league last season.
Nearly everytime we play Chelsea we are outplayed and beat, It just shows that we are lightyears behind the other top teams.
Our so called match winners just dont show up in the big games… Vermaelen who has looked a fantastic player this season and a great signing has looked just shite in the big games. Cesc hardly turns it on, Rosicky, Nasri, Arshavin all very hot and cold.
Wenger has tried to change our playing system to a 4-5-1 to a 4-3-3. He hasn’t for the tactical knowledge to beat the best teams.
People might moan about Graham and his negative football but we was a master at one off big games and getting the tactics right.
Sometimes I feel that Wenger is clueless, At half time in the 2nd leg we needed 2 goals to win the game, Why not change something? He waited till the 70th min to make a sub and that was like for like in bringing on Eboue and moving him to RB and pushing Sagna to CB for the crap Silvestre.
Finally with 15mins to go he went with 2 strikers and put Eduardo up front. But what took him so long?
We just have to admit the sad facts that Wenger is tactically poor, He has to much faith in sub standard players like Almunia, Silvestre and Denilson and 2 stubborn to spend when its clear to the world that we needed players.
Overall we are miles behind the top teams.
So what now? Wenger will give us that old spin about how he knows what the problems are and will be working hard in the summer to big in new players. But of course his main goal is to keep this bunch of players together… YAWN!!!
This is getting abit boring now, Maybe its just time for Wenger to admit that his project has failed and its time for something new?
Roger Milla – www.arsenalaction.com
Debate this more on the forum ( HERE )
- Mikel Arteta vs Unai Emery – A comparison
- Ian Wright identifies perfect partner for Thomas Partey at Arsenal
- Granit Xhaka: Unexpected answer to Arsenal’s left-back crisis
- Arsenal vs Fulham preview: buoyant Gunners plot march up the league table
- Lucas Torreira is desperate to join Boca Juniors
- Eddie Nketiah and Reiss Nelson: The Forgotten Arsenal Youngsters
- ‘It is a joy to watch’, Mikel Arteta praises Arsenal duo
- Arsenal’s hope of playing European football next season hangs by a thread
- Europa League preview: Slavia Prague vs Arsenal
- Leno: ‘I am open for new adventures’