According to the Daily Star Arsenal have entered into negotiations for Roma’s prolific Italian Striker Mattia Destro where they are preparing a £20 Million offer.
Destro has been an integral part in Roma’s contention for the Serie A title and his current club are 2nd in Serie A 3 points behind League leaders Juventus.
The 23 year old forward has scored 22 in 49 appearances for Roma which has seen him become a most sought after commodity, Chelsea were rumoured to have been in talks with the Striker in the Summer but nothing materialised as Mourinho’s side secured the services of Diego Costa instead.
This is one of the areas that Arsenal are in need of strengthening, they are incredibly light in respect of effective Strikers at the club and have had to rely on England Striker Danny Welbeck since he was signed back on Deadline Day for £16 Million from rivals Manchester United. Olivier Giroud is still out of action but expected to return after the International break, other that you are left with out of favour Lukas Podolski and Yaya Sanogo to fill the void.
It has been suggested that Destro is keen to leave Serie A for a new challenge and the Premier League is his favoured destination. Destro is quick, strong and intelligent and would bring a different dimension to Arsenal’s attack. He would link up well with the likes of Alexis Sanchez and the returning Theo Walcott.
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison
- Arsenal agree contract extension with Emile Smith Rowe
- Tammy Abraham to Arsenal: Do the Gunners need him?
- Arsenal cancel pre-season trip to US
- Lesson from pre-season: What did Arsenal learn?
- Mikel Arteta reacts to draw against Rangers
- An overview on Arsenal’s Scotland preseason tour- player ratings for both games
- Three Premier League clubs interested in Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal predicted line-up against Rangers
- Tavares, Chambers, Tierney – Arsenal Team News against Rangers