This was posted on our main forum today-www.arsenalaction.com/forum/
By The Mad Muller
Every season under Wenger Arsenal have finished in the top 4 and made it into the Champions league place.
But with Man City spending like mad, and who will not only be pushing us for 4th but will be looking to win the league, Spurs who are improving and pushed us all the way for 3rd last season and will Liverpool set to improve under new management I fear that this coming season will be a new dawn at Arsenal and will see us dropping out of the top 4 for the first time.
All good things must come to an end and we have enjoyed a great run at the top. But due to a lack of serious investment and ambition from our management and board we are no longer a team that will be challenging for the title but a team looking to break into the top 4.
Wenger has said that coming 3rd is better then winning the FA Cup? This shows that he only cares about making it into the Champions league and making money.
Sorry to say but our days of going 49 games unbeaten and winning the double are long gone and I doubt we will ever see them days again.
Best enjoy the memories and DVDs, its going to be a dark future for us gooners.
Do you agree? Debate this more in this thread [HERE]
- Mikel Arteta speaks out on team selection and Eddie Nketiah after Fulham draw
- Mikel Arteta offers injury update on Alexandre Lacazette
- Mikel Arteta vs Unai Emery – A comparison
- Ian Wright identifies perfect partner for Thomas Partey at Arsenal
- Granit Xhaka: Unexpected answer to Arsenal’s left-back crisis
- Arsenal vs Fulham preview: buoyant Gunners plot march up the league table
- Lucas Torreira is desperate to join Boca Juniors
- Eddie Nketiah and Reiss Nelson: The Forgotten Arsenal Youngsters
- ‘It is a joy to watch’, Mikel Arteta praises Arsenal duo
- Arsenal’s hope of playing European football next season hangs by a thread