Galatasaray winger Arda Turan is interested in joining Arsenal next summer. The 22-year-old winger, who has 34 caps for his country, was linked with the Gunners and Premier League rivals Liverpool last January, however the Turkish sensation is desperate to work under Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.
The player’s agent Ahmet Bulut spoke exclusively to Sport.co.uk Editor Nigel Brown:
“At this moment in time I have no contact with any clubs. I had a lot of interest in the summer for him, but the club did not want to sell him, even for £50 or a £100 million. Arda is the best player in Turkey at the moment.He is now the new captain of Galatasaray and the club has new elections for President in March, so I don’t think he will be sold in January. However, I do think he will be sold in July. I think they will sell him in the summer.
“There are lots of big European clubs interested in him. In the summertime Arsenal made contact regarding him, but the club did not want to sell. We also had offers from Spain, Italy and Germany.”
When asked if he thought Arsene Wenger would rekindle his interest in the player, Bulut replied:
“I hope so. He is interested in working under Arsene Wenger because he is very good at working with young players, and Arda wants to work in England. As I said there was interest from other clubs around Europe but his first choice is England.
“Arsenal are interested, and if they want him, Arda’s first choice is Arsenal.”
Thanks to Sport.co.uk
Video of Arda in Action
For more on this see this thread [ HERE ]
- Granit Xhaka: Unexpected answer to Arsenal’s left-back crisis
- Arsenal vs Fulham preview: buoyant Gunners plot march up the league table
- Lucas Torreira is desperate to join Boca Juniors
- Eddie Nketiah and Reiss Nelson: The Forgotten Arsenal Youngsters
- ‘It is a joy to watch’, Mikel Arteta praises Arsenal duo
- Arsenal’s hope of playing European football next season hangs by a thread
- Europa League preview: Slavia Prague vs Arsenal
- Leno: ‘I am open for new adventures’
- Arsenal enter race to sign Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard
- Can Arsenal finish in the top 6?