Galatasaray winger Arda Turan is interested in joining Arsenal next summer. The 22-year-old winger, who has 34 caps for his country, was linked with the Gunners and Premier League rivals Liverpool last January, however the Turkish sensation is desperate to work under Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.
The player’s agent Ahmet Bulut spoke exclusively to Sport.co.uk Editor Nigel Brown:
“At this moment in time I have no contact with any clubs. I had a lot of interest in the summer for him, but the club did not want to sell him, even for £50 or a £100 million. Arda is the best player in Turkey at the moment.He is now the new captain of Galatasaray and the club has new elections for President in March, so I don’t think he will be sold in January. However, I do think he will be sold in July. I think they will sell him in the summer.
“There are lots of big European clubs interested in him. In the summertime Arsenal made contact regarding him, but the club did not want to sell. We also had offers from Spain, Italy and Germany.”
When asked if he thought Arsene Wenger would rekindle his interest in the player, Bulut replied:
“I hope so. He is interested in working under Arsene Wenger because he is very good at working with young players, and Arda wants to work in England. As I said there was interest from other clubs around Europe but his first choice is England.
“Arsenal are interested, and if they want him, Arda’s first choice is Arsenal.”
Thanks to Sport.co.uk
Video of Arda in Action
For more on this see this thread [ HERE ]
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison
- Arsenal agree contract extension with Emile Smith Rowe
- Tammy Abraham to Arsenal: Do the Gunners need him?
- Arsenal cancel pre-season trip to US
- Lesson from pre-season: What did Arsenal learn?
- Mikel Arteta reacts to draw against Rangers
- An overview on Arsenal’s Scotland preseason tour- player ratings for both games
- Three Premier League clubs interested in Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal predicted line-up against Rangers
- Tavares, Chambers, Tierney – Arsenal Team News against Rangers